Maze finally planted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maze finally planted

Everyone knows this springs weather has been exceptionally challenging. La Nina is a really big cold bitch in the Pacific. She is at root of reason for this springs severe tornadoes, cool spring up north, and even drought in Texas with help from jet stream. She has personally seen to it that this year in Michigan we are way behind in planting progress and many wheat fields planted last fall never got fungicide or herbicide treatments this spring. As I sit in my office now I can gaze out to one of my bean fields across the road. My big tractor with 26 foot wide tillage tools behind it is in same field it was 14 days ago. Did manage to sneak in the 20 acres of corn where my maze goes two days ago. By the next morning it had a pond in low area; but standpipe feeding into tile quickly displaced the flood.

I already know this will be one of the 'least fun" haunting seasons for me. Soybean planting has been delayed so much harvest will not start till end of Sept instead of early Sept. As soon as beans come off we will be planting next years wheat right behind the combine. Harvest of beans, wheat planting and opening weekend of haunt will occur simultaneously. Good times indeed.

Wicked Farmer

Thats no fun. If its any consolation, I'm in Pennsylvania and lots of the fields around here aren't able to be tilled or planted yet either. The field behind our house is still untouched (except for the nice coating of pig manure a few weeks ago). There's standing water underneath my willow trees and where our property meets the field. Never happened before. I hope that things dry out soon, but it looks like another round of severe thunderstorms headed our way this evening. Yikes. My own personal garden isn't planted yet either. Maybe this weekend.

Good luck to you. Hopefully Mother Nature starts cooperating!!!
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
    X