• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex B. Hamilton regrets missing you at the 2011 GLFF

Rex B. Hamilton regrets missing you at the 2011 Great Lakes Fright Fest

June 1, 2011

Greetings, Fellow Haunters:

I won’t be attending the 2011 edition of the Great Lakes Fright Fest, but I will be there ahead of time to help set the table for you.

This Thursday I will spend most of the day with Kkrazy Kkaren Taylor, producer of this gathering, and her devoted keeper, Brian, helping them set things up. I’ll leave later that evening for Columbus to devote the rest of the weekend to the Midwest Haunters Convention. But that is a story for another post.

I don’t know everything about what will take place at this year’s GLFF, but I do know a couple of things:

1. The open-to-the-public haunted house on Saturday night will be there as usual. The doors seem to open each year in the 9:30 PM neighborhood. I’ve acted at a number of GLFF haunted houses in past years and I can tell you that these shows are fun to look at.

2. Kkrazy Kkaren tells me that there will be a werewolf wedding early Saturday evening before the haunt opens for business. Evidently the bride and groom will be in full werewolf make-up and costume. As far as I can tell, this sort of haunted vow-exchanging is a first in our industry. I so wish I could be there to take formal photographs.

If you run a yard haunt, home haunt, garage haunt, backyard haunt, driveway haunt, city-park haunt, basement haunt, high-school haunt, church haunt, community-center haunt, street haunt, charity haunt, underwater haunt (I’m not kidding) or something close to it, the Great Lakes Fright Fest is for you. If you now run a commercial haunt or aspire to some day, the Midwest Haunters Convention is probably a better destination. The fun part about both shows is that they love everyone who attends and are the best of friends behind the scenes.

Very truly yours,

Rex B. Hamilton

13939 Clifton Boulevard
    Lakewood, OH 44107-1462
    EvilLordZargon @msn.com

Evil is Good!
Working...
X