WANTED: Distortions Unlimited Large Tombstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Distortions Unlimited Large Tombstones

I am looking for these Large Tombstones that Distortions made back in the early 2000's:

Lion Head Tombstone:

Lion Head Tombstone.jpg

Pillar Tombstone:

Pillar Tombstone.jpg

If anyone hase these for sale or know where I can aquire, please send me a PM or let me know!

If you can't find them.

Hello,
    I am writing to tell you that if you cannot find these I would be interested in producing them for you. If you have the dimensions and details I can make them pretty close. I am sure the company that made these were pulling them out of a mold. I can make custom headstones to your specs. Please see my posting on this same message board (Trading Post). Please let me know I would love to work with you. Thank you for your time.

Thank You,
    Robert Travis
    Scenic Art Productions
    ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic Art Productions View Post
      Hello,
      I am writing to tell you that if you cannot find these I would be interested in producing them for you. If you have the dimensions and details I can make them pretty close. I am sure the company that made these were pulling them out of a mold. I can make custom headstones to your specs. Please see my posting on this same message board (Trading Post). Please let me know I would love to work with you. Thank you for your time.

Thank You,
      Robert Travis
      Scenic Art Productions
      ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM
      The dims on the Lionhead are: 6ft tall, 3ft wide. Not sure of the depth, but I would want it proportionate.

The Pillar is 6ft tall and approx 2ft sq at the base.

Comment

Those old Distortions tombstones were great, there was another they did that was bigger than the ones you have pictured.

Allan
        Last edited by MDKing; 06-11-2011, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Yes there was...It had the name Crushman on it and it was flipping HUGE! House of Horrors sold one of these at their auction last year and it went for very goood money I was lucky to get one of the Lion head stones a few years back. I love the size and detail of it! Not just ready to sell it yet

Comment

Yeah, the Crushman aka "The Vault" is a great and majestic piece! I have 2 of the Innocent Angel statues and really want these stones (especially the lionhead) to go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by skullman View Post
              Yes there was...It had the name Crushman on it and it was flipping HUGE! House of Horrors sold one of these at their auction last year and it went for very goood money I was lucky to get one of the Lion head stones a few years back. I love the size and detail of it! Not just ready to sell it yet
              You are lucky to have it! When you are ready to sell it, let me know. I will pay good money for it.

Comment

You have 2 Innoucent Angels??? Im very jealous! Thats a nother great piece in the Distortions Darkaticture line....

Comment

Originally posted by skullman View Post
                  You have 2 Innoucent Angels??? Im very jealous! Thats a nother great piece in the Distortions Darkaticture line....
                  I do! I bought the 1st one back in 2008 and bought the 2nd one this past April from Morris. They have 2 of them left and after that, they are gone. Since they are such great peices, I wanted to have 2 of them now that they are discontinued.

I spoke to Distortions back in May about the Lionhead and they thought they found the mold for it to make one for me. Later, they said that it was for a different tombstone that was an animatronic. I was very close to finally getting the lionhead... so back to square one for me.

Distortions should really concider bringing back the Darkatechture Line along with new peices. They were great and really helped Haunts set a erie, movie quality feel to their sets and attractions. Looking at Transworld and what the industry offers today, no one is making props like these anymore. From what I have heard, the shipping costs are a huge turn-off becuase these large pieces must ship freight. When I bought the innocent angel, it cost me $320 to ship the 2 creates (1 for the angel, 1 for the wings). While the shipping costs are high, companys should still make them availible.

Comment

Here is a pic from 2009:

DSC01404.jpg

A Lionhead Tombstone would go great with the set

Comment

Working...
                    X