Help again please ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help again please ...

First off I want to thank everyone for their suggestions for the mausoleum. It is turning out great. I do need a bit more help with the rest of the cemetery. You see I have a rather large area and little time. I have planted many "dead" trees and have many headstones and the like. But, I would love to have something else for the customers to go through. I have the mausoleum but I feel like I need something else. I was thinking of an arbor area, like a long arched tunnel? Not real sure. Again this is all outside. The customers walk through with cemetery fence guilding them so they only have one way to go. Maybe a water feature with a little bridge? I would love to build more mausoleums but I don't think I have the time. I have a tractor so I can dig a hole, line it and fill it with water and fog? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all of your help!

Sue
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Sue far as something to go through I would suggest maybe a tree tunnel. I dont know if youve seen one. But the are like very cool and creepy. You could make them like silhouettes on plywood. you could stagger them left to right so you dont have to make so many. But 6 to 8 maybe 10 would look awesome as you leave your cemetary. You could have red eyes up in them or an owl or buzzard or maybe a raven. A hangmans noose. You could have them as tall as 8ft. Its just an idea. Hope you like it and can maybe use it. And it would be something cool for the customers to walk by or under.
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Last edited by damon carson; 06-06-2011, 11:56 AM.
    Damon Carson

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!! Great idea!! I am tired of burying dead trees limbs. LOL! THANKS! Keep those suggestions coming!

Sue

Comment

No problem! Hope you like it. They had the spooky trees in a queline at Sixflags on the Scooby doo ride. They really looked awesome. Black with lines of bright blue and white to make them show up. Also I cant remember but I think this was a uv black light ride? Its been a long time since Ive been on it. You could use other colors as well.
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        www.houseoffright.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Swamp

In our haunt we have a section where the guest walk outside and i dug a 4ft by 6ft hole in the dirt lined it with black plastic and set some low wattage underwater lights in it and rigged a very slow waterfall that drained back into the "swamp". We built a really old/ rickety looking bridge that we put springs on some of the cross boards so when guest stepped on those pieces the board would go down a little and felt like it was giving way. The water from the water fall also splashed the people a little bit and gave a great effect before entering into the swamp grave yard and back into the building (through a house facade) we decorated the swamp area with a munch of dead looking trees and painted lots of algae on the rocks (chicken wire/paper Mache/ and fiberglass to make it hard and water resistant) we made a lot of creepy fish props and animals to put in the water. My buddy made a really cool alligator prop with nasty, long teeth and blood al over his mouth. I rigged air to it to make it come out of the water and attack guest’s feet and added some cool sound effects and lighting. It was a great effect!!!! Also a little down the bridge I had an actor in some waters and in a ghillie suite (looked like just a bush) and he scared everyone!!!lol

Comment

Do you have room for a area to make a small corn maze? we have that after our grave yard and I have a Half scale Stonehenge. I posted some pic's last year of this. Also maybe some old cabins made from old fence boards.
            Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

A corn maze, actually I do have the area but I have nothing but red clay around here. I thought about that but I don't think I could get anything to grow. Terrible I know..... our soil is bad. I could plant dead corn stalks! hummmm .....I must think about that. Seriously I am really burying dead trees and branches......

Comment

Corkscrew Willow?

Ever seen these trees? Their branches twist while traveling fairly straight, sort of like a big drill bit. they can also have sort of a "Witchy" look to them, as if they might be the wood a gnarled magic wand may be cut from?
                I have relatives who had some of these types of trees that lost limbs recently..they will be coming here, my backyard.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sue,
                  If you have big branches you can just zip tie them together to make a tunnel. Did you go through my trail last year? I had a lot of tree canopies made with zip tied branches.
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Eleventh Hour outside Chicago has a "corn maze". Jim just rents the construction fencing, makes his maze with the fencing, buys bundles of corn stalks and then zip ties them to the fencing...instant corn maze!!!!
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

AWESOME suggestions!!! Thank you all so much. I will get to work on the zip tie branches and stalks. What super ideas!! Great!!!!!

Thanks everyone! Now if I could only find an air conditioner I could carry around with me.....LOL!

Sue

Comment

If you have a tractor and want to add the water element - I always like that aspect plus you can submerge an air cannon that will blast your victims w/ some moisture as they cross a bridge and the water element into your arbor and cemetery.

Or if you can rent a small tent frame or build something and add camo netting, limbs etc. and do a short swamp forest that leads into or out of your cemetery. Great for the guilly guys.

Good Luck!

Comment

For 15 years we pounded in rebar in the ground and duct taped corn to it then went to fencing and weaved stocks into it to make trails, last year was our first real plant and are planting this weekend. only danger about the rebar is the possibility of someone falling on them. also a very awesome effect is mixing in bamboo stalks for 10 to 15 feet of hight.
                          Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                          X