HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cost effective "ceilings" for rooms

Hybrid View

1. Default Cost effective "ceilings" for rooms 
    Blacksburg, SC
    Hi again and thanks for all of the help you guys are giving me on my projects. I promise some pictures soon! The roof at our haunt is about 14 ft. tall but most of our walls are 8 ft. tall. I have used some camo netting for ceilings on a couple of rooms (really expensive) but for other rooms such as a holding room, asylum etc. colored netting just isnt a good/realistic solution. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of something that worked but was more cost effective. I really don't like the look of black plastic ceilings over a nicely detailed room, if it is just a dark maze or something very dark I don't even need a ceiling, however I need something to block out the light from the next rooms, especially for the "holding" type room where the customers will be standing for a couple of minutes with a chance to look up. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

2. Default Cost effective "ceilings" for rooms 
    Brookings SD
    When I toured Mystery Manor in Omaha they used fire treated sheets and painted "ceiling tiles" on them. Looked good and cheap. I have used painters drop cloth, fire treated, and put that up for a ceiling. Hope that helps.

Fear Asylum Haunted House

Thread Information