Be Advised Nox Arcana Music Policy Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison Props and Jerry Vayne

Adam at Poison Props has some insane cd's. I bought some at Transworld. Check out his website for samples.

Also, check out Jerry Vayne, The Haunt Rocker. He has some great cd's also. www.jerryvayne.com

Comment

Poiosn Props rocks

I had a chance to work with Adam on a project and got to meet him. Great talent and great down to earth dude! He also has won A grammy I think for some sound design in a movie. I have most of his cds and use those exclusivley in my haunt.

Comment

I'm certainly no lawyer, but can they legally do that? My logic is along the lines of a bait and switch. Last year they sold you XYZ album for use, royalty free as long as you hang their poster. Now, you're no longer allowed to use it unless you pay a fee, after you have already purchased the CD under the original agreement.
        -Brandon Kelm
        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Actually, as far as I know they still allow you to use their music for free you just need to put a link on your attractions' website. That way they can verify it unlike the poster option.
          Bill Rod.
          Dark Tech Effects
          Automated DMX Lighting
          Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

No The Policy Has Been Changed

No The Policy Has Been Changed they told me directly through a couple emails. I heard through the grapevine that they have given some grief to one haunt over using their music last year that did not hang their posters or have their banner on their webpage BUT I can't confirm the truth of the story and I got the news from someone that heard about it from the haunt owner. So yeah that's a lot of lips and ears that news passed through before entering my ears. LOL

I just finished redoing our Soundtrack for the Haunted Forest. I've been working on it here and there since June. It's our 30th year so being forced to have new music is kind of a blessing in disguise. I'm not really angry at Nox Arcana just disappointed. I put the original warning post up not to pick on Nox Arcana or pick a fight with them just to point out to everybody to pay attention if you use their music because their policy has changed and they did give me a warning in the emails about using their music without paying a royalty.

My big thing is this, now that they have changed their stance on allowing their music to be used, IF IF IF they reversed it today and said alright we are just going to go back to the way we were I STILL WOULDN'T use their music. Not because I'm stubborn but for two reasons.

A: In case they change their minds again

and

B: I just re-did the Haunted Forest soundtrack.

At this point I just really don't care anymore. I wish them the best of luck from here on out.
            A friend will help you move but a real friend will help you move a body!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to be wrong about the facts & without the facts, your opinion is of no value.

Comment

All I know is that I emailed them the other day and they sent me a link and there were 3 options for using their music. Either put up a banner on your website so they can verify it, purchase some CDs to sell at your attraction or yes pay the $100 fee if the above two options didn't work for you.
              Bill Rod.
              Dark Tech Effects
              Automated DMX Lighting
              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Working...
              X