Paint technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint technique

Does anyone have any good techniques on how to paint walls to look like wood siding/slats? Any help is appreciated.
    Jason Weber
    Midnight Terror Productions, LLC
    Nightmare Forest
    www.yournightmarebegins.com

Get a wood grain tool. Paint the walls the color you want inbetween the slats. then tape (masking tape) the area between the slats and paint the wall the wood color. then use the wood grain tool like this-

Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Secrets of the Haunted Mansion

Kevin Mckurdy has alot of cool techniques on his videos how to do this. Go to hauntedhousesupplies.com
      Damon
      Frightmasters
      www.houseoffright.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

I used masking tape and black paint with a wide brush. Brush right over the masking tape using a fairly wet paint. Go back over with a dry brush for the browns and lighter high lights. This is OSB with is pretty rough anyway. It worked good enough for me. People think it slat siding.concession6_12_2010 005.jpg
        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

That aint the first time what that boy slung some paint down.

Comment

faux wood graining can very time consuming but you start with a brown base paint then dry brush tan in the direction of the grain you wish to achieve. You will then use a 1" foam brush (buy several foam brushes as they will tear) Then dip the tip of the foam brush into black paint and then paint the boards out onto the base (4 to 6 inches wide or wider and 6 to 8 ft long). After you lay out your board out lines then you use the same foam brush with either black or darker brown paint to do the fine wood grain patterns. To add extra detail paint knots,cracks and breaks between boards with Black paint. I usually will dip my finger tip into black or gray paint and add nail heads on some boards. after you do this a few yrs you may choose to use real wood plants like old fence wood. I hope this helps
            I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Patrick- I still cuss somtimes thinking about painting the addamsville facade.

Comment

Awesome info. I appreciate all everyone has said. I am going to play with every technique mentioned.

Allen do you recommend any specific wood grain tool? I see there are several on the market.
                Last edited by Nightmare Forest; 06-10-2011, 01:00 AM.
                Jason Weber
                Midnight Terror Productions, LLC
                Nightmare Forest
                www.yournightmarebegins.com

Comment

Allen
                  That funeral home facade still looks great to this day. Yeah I know it was a lot of hot ,hard work but it shows
                  I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

I had one that was associated with martha stewart, I think her grim visage was on the packaging, but almost any will work fine for you I bet.

Comment

I think Garden ridge has then I also know they have foam bricks to paint a brick wall with

Comment

Working...
                      X