Air Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Rifle?

I am interested in purchasing a rifle that shoots air. I saw one at Pirates of Emerson in Pleasanton, CA. It was in a western-type facade, and it looked like an old west rifle and it shot air when the guy pulled the trigger (I think it was hooked up to an air compressor). Does anyone know who makes these or where I could purchase one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Im going to assume it was a paitball gun minus the paint. YOu can get one at any local sporting goods store. Just make sure you dont load it with any projectile.

Comment

Originally posted by asanve View Post
      I am interested in purchasing a rifle that shoots air. I saw one at Pirates of Emerson in Pleasanton, CA. It was in a western-type facade, and it looked like an old west rifle and it shot air when the guy pulled the trigger (I think it was hooked up to an air compressor). Does anyone know who makes these or where I could purchase one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      I built one of those for Heartstoppers, which I think was associated with POE at one point, or may still be. Who knows, could have been the one I built. Anyways, not a paintball gun, it was a single valve air cannon with a 1/2" rubber hose from the output of the valve up thru a fake gun. The trigger being a momentary switch to turn 12vdc on and off to the valve. When I get to my haunt tonight, I will look for a picture of the air cannon. If you can acquire a fake gun, building the cannon is a piece of cake.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

The air gun made by Randy Grigg at http://hauntedenterprises.com/

We blatantly stole the idea from Heartstoppers after seeing how well the concept worked (Thanks Joel!)
        Heartstoppers is in Rancho Cordova, CA we are in Pleasanton, CA

The mechanics of the gun would be simple enough to make (check out the thread on air cannons by Rich Strelak). The issue is incorporating it into a lightweight prop that actually looks like a shotgun.
        http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Fake guns that look like REAL guns aren't easy to find in California!!! I have looked all over for a fake rifle for our western section and can't find anything. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one? Or would someone consider building one for me? I will happily pay!!!

Comment

Fake guns that look like REAL guns aren't easy to find in California!!! I have looked all over for a fake rifle for our western section and can't find anything. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one? Or would someone consider building one for me? I will happily pay!!!
            Trouble finding that in California?, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are some theatrical prop shops out there that specialize in fake weapons...and there are a couple online retailers that sell these too. There was one at Transworld a couple years ago (Collector's Armory I believe) that I remember that had both guns and swords/axes. Maybe just a little more searching. Older guns arent super hard to replicate either as they were more primitive to begin with. With the right tools you could likely make one out of some 2x4s, conduit or pipe, a sander, some glue and spraypaint. Never made one myself but have also seen tutorials (unfortunately dont remember where for sure other than Youtube). I know kind of a vague answer but hope it helps some...

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

http://www.blueguns.com/default.asp?

These are exact replicas of the real thing, they even weigh the same. You can use black Rit dye from the bleach section of Walmart to change the color, or I suppose you could use a rattle can of paint. There are many sources for blue guns or dummy guns on the net, this is just one. Ebay is usually the cheapest once you determine what exactly you are looking for.
              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Working...
              X