Portable Sprinkler Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Sprinkler Systems

Portable Sprinkler Systems, are they worth it? If I have a location I really like but I have to invest in a portable sprinkler system, what is the cost how hard are they to move? I know Larry has or had one at Creepy World. Anyone else know much about them?
    http://www.innerfears.com/
    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

My question on this topic is do you still have to have the massive 6" (example fire hydrant )main feed pipe on the city side or have the figured out how to connect to regular water tap
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Lots of properties in Texas do not have that proper feed line or if the hydrants are painted black, they are not guarenteed to provide the proper gallons per minute. Or they are privately owned water systems that even the fire trucks are not supposed to tap into.

The solution is a series of 3,000 gallon water tanks and a pump or imagine what the mote and swamp at Verdun manor were for. Water supply.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Or there is the ever popular fire truck sitting on standby which IS a 3,000 gallon water tank and a pump with the ability to hook into a system. Then call more trucks to feed the first truck.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I would definately contact a local fire protection company for alternatives. Things vary so much not just state to state but even county to county or city to city. Some will even forbid a portable system. 3,000 gallons may not be enough depending upon the size of the system, size of the heads size of the property. Our first year we had to use a portable tank attached to the system, it was a nightmare. They required that the jockey pump motor had to remain ON the entire time we were on property. It was louder than a lawnmomer even drowning out the chainsaw!!! Although there are systems that kick on automatically, they wouldn't allow it. Some will require that a fireman be stationed at the pump the entire operating time. Remember these fireman will be on your property AFTER their regular shifts so you are paying OVERTIME. You have to factor all these costs first.

It is like portable power. You may be able to rent a generator for $800-$1000 when it costs $2,000 to run a direct power drop. But then you also have fuel for the generator. A couple gallons an hour at almost $4.00 a gallon adds up REAL quick. So sometimes what appears to be the cheaper avenue can cost the most. Check all angles first. Portable systems can work, just don't go in blind and end up spending way more than it is worth.
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Yeah I figured as much but didn't know if they had overcome pipe size rating issues for port systems yet. Thank God one of our charities is the fire Dept (who we love ). Its so good to have a few personnel on staff at the property every night
            I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

A month ago there was another thread on sprinkler systems. I could not find it.

I believe they mentioned a company that sells one for 2500.00. I think it was OakIsland but not sure

John

Comment

I found the thread...but, I do not see the product in thier catalog.

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ergency-System

John

Comment

thats the relay switch system that activates the lights

Comment

Working...
                  X