HIDING FROM FIREMARSHAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDING FROM FIREMARSHAL?

after reading dirks post,it reminded me of a question that has been on my mind for a wile.now keep in mind that my haunt also goes to the extremes to keep our patrons safe and make the firemarshal happy.now my question is,what would happen if i didnt call firemarshal to come and inspect us one year?is there a law somewhere that states that all haunted houses must call the firemarshal for a yearly inspection?i do realize that they could walk in and shut you down so thats been my incentive to call them evry year,to make sure we dont get shut down.but is it really neccessary if you take the proper precautions wile building?

Safety

Being that I was on a Fire Dept., I would suggest that you have the inspection every season.

It might be a tie up with time, but think about what happens if a emeregency accures and you are sued. Being that the Fire Inspector gave you the go ahead to open your haunt, and that they belive to their standerds its "safe", This will cover your a$$ if you would have to go to court. It is just an extra advantage to you and your business. The more "proof" you have that you went the "EXTRA MILE" to make your haunt safe, might intrege the Judge as well.

Brian

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Brian, wanted to ask, is it an advantage for a fire marshall to inspect REALLY early, like in febuary or march instead of the last minute? Reason is my haunt gig being built up slowly. Want to the point where the fire marshal would visit and throw suggestions and things along the way, giving time for things to be fixed up. As is, am implementing a safe design in some basics, 12 volt lighting, outdoor maze, no roofs, no foam, fire retardent, ADA compliant hallways, etc...
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Passing a yearly inspection is necessary unless you have a year-round attraction. They are just like any other business. All that is required is the initial inspection when you get the original licence. (advantage of a year-round attraction) Some local jurisdictions may require certain yearly amusement inspections. As always, you have to check with your local authorities
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The Fire Marshall can shut you down. :shock: On your biggest night w/ 100's or 1000's of customers in line.

I normally go with (Ask for forgiveness) but w/ the inspections - Get Permission! One phone call can have your event canceled...

Always get him early - and invite them back as guest - free passes are never considered a bribe... :roll: R they?

Comment

is that really true?i had a firemarshal tell me that even if they did come in and find a problem,you have 30 days to address it.seasons over in 30 days

Comment

I never call my fire marshal (opps) he knows we are there and he stopped by i think twice in our five years to do "inspections" If you run a safe haunt and what not and forget to call im sure their is not any legal actions taken agasint you, but if the fire department does find out they can and probley will shut you down. Unless u have a fire depatment like ours where they are happy they get a % donated to them, make the call and do it the right way.

Sean
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
              X