Americahaunts.com hacked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americahaunts.com hacked.

Anyone affiliated with america haunts might want to check their websites to see if they are still up, cuz americahaunts.com got hacked today. Looks like they are just having fun with you guys. from the looks of it, they hacked house of torment aswell. hopefully they didnt steal any credit card info or anything other vital customer info.

"Muitos Pensam em sript kiddies que ficam horas e horas em frente do pc.
    Mas Digamos que seja alguem que entra no seu servidor Em questao de minutos."

translation:

"Many people think of script kiddies who spend hours and hours in front of the PC.
    But Let's say that someone comes into your server in minutes."

i found their twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/n4sss

list of other sites they hacked: http://www.zone-h.org/archive/notifier=BD/published=0

other info on them: http://www.zone-h.org/mirror/id/14082590
    http://zone-h.org/mirror/id/13424583
    Last edited by mikeofthelivingdead; 06-21-2011, 07:37 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Hacked Sites...

Deal with this every day.................

Here are some ways to prevent this, and good suggestions for everyone:

First of all - make sure you have virus protection on your personal PC's that you do updates from, also get a good MalWare scanner and cleaner. If your home PC is infected and you are making updates from home then you make yourself an easy target for this.

To make a strong password:

5-7 characters min in length
    Have at least 1 upper case character
    have at least 1 lower case character
    Have at least 1 number
    If you can include 1 special character do it as well.

This is not 100% full proof but is considered a strong password and is a lot more reliable than a "1111" or a "1234" password because it is easy to remember, etc.

I hate hearing this, yet it happens so much.... "why would anyone hack my site" it happens, and happens often - just some pointers to try and prevent this.

Joomla, Wordpress... does not matter - hack is hacked.

Hope this gets fixed!

Paul Boyd

Comment

A good password is something such as $tYu89Nm+weRTy

Also be sure your web apps and software are up to date.

Comment

These guys were probably looking for a specific hole in unpatched Linux too. Or they simply did an sql injection which is also fairly simple.
        Last edited by HauntedPaws; 06-22-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Amazing... some people have nothing better to do. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

both back up and running. looks like it was just some kids fooling around. on a side note, i noticed america haunts has the video of bam and ryan dunn hosting the fright tour. think it may be in bad taste at the moment seeing as how he just died recently. suprised no one commented on these boards about it yet. R.I.P, thanks for the laughs and abuse you put your body through.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I Know..

A person who was arrested for malicious hacking . He was spared jail time because he was 12 or 13 years old at the time.
              you never know?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Does anyone know if they ever caught the people responsible for this?

Yeah with computers so readily available everywhere and much more advanced nowadays it is a lot easier for the youngsters to get into bad stuff earlier unfortunately. Just another product like any bad behavior where the parents need to be better monitors of what the kid is doing. If they arent going outside "getting into trouble"...there is still the chance they can be getting in to trouble in other ways. In a society where in many cases both parents have to work to support the family, it is not an easy task, and I commend those that succeed. I have a little girl coming and am both excited and terrified about the future! I suppose regardless that is a natural feeling for any parent.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

LOL, they were Brazilians, and if they're any good you don't know where they from.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel
                    Mike,

I think the opposite is true with kids they need to be outside more and inside less kids these days are too busy sitting around on the computer and playing video games instead of playing outside and learning social skills. Ever notice how so many kids are introverted these days? They spend all their time alone wasting away and becoming computer hackers.

Parents should stop letting technology raise their kids. I just recently bought my daughter her first game system as she's going away for college soon but I forbid them to waste away on games and online as kids, even though know they played games at their friends place...

DA
                    How many parents use TV and computers as babysitters too? The kids are challenging themselves and hacking is much easier then before. They even have tool kits made by professionals where you can assemble you own attacks and viruses.

Comment

DA,

Dont get me wrong, I totally agree that kids should spend more time outside, just making the point about them getting into trouble either way, and the amount and advancement of technology makes it too easy for an unsupervised child to get into trouble that way. Too many parents do use the electronic devices as babysitters. Technology in general has done a great deal of desocialization by over electronic socialization not only from parent to child but person to person. Most people would rather text or email than call one on one...and it is too easy to just ignore electronic communication as well...hoping it gets better and not worse.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                      X