Music for the queue line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music for the queue line

Does any play music for the queue? Last year we had the radio playing on some pop funk college sounding station. I want to suggest to the owner to change it up to some more mood appropriate music like 80's heavy metal and instrumental ominous sounding stuff.

Music

Look up Midnight Syndicate http://midnightsyndicate.com they have great music i think it is what you are looking for and they let you play there music at your attraction if you put up one of there posters.

Shawn
    Twisted Woods

Comment

Queue line music can be essential to building anticipation and to keep your theme going in ever aspect of the haunt. Take Friday the 13th, the Jason sound effect would build up and get louder leaving your on the edge for him to pop out at any time. You want to do the same with your queue line.

Depending on how your line/area is laid out, there are many things you can do. In the past we broke our line down into three areas.
      Area 1 was the common area or outdoor courtyard. We had fun/family friendly music playing.
      Area 2 was right inside the first doors. We played low level Victorian themed gothic music. This area was low lit and had the facade to the haunt along with a few things to look at while standing in line.
      Area 3 was the holding pen. We took a large group in, read them there last rights then slowly filtered them into the haunt in small groups every minute. We played the same style music but much louder. It was very dark, foggy and hard to hear. We wanted to disorient them person before we threw them into the main haunt.

I agree with Shawn, Midnight Syndicate does great work. http://midnightsyndicate.com
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

I talked with the owner about this a couple of weeks ago. Come to find out the radio station gives him a break on advertising if he plays their music. Not sure he has to do it all the time or just certain days.

Comment

Setting the mood is very helpful! Depending on your theme there are several great vendors with some cool music. We take the selections we like and create our our "sound track". Interspersed between the songs on a regular interval we tell the back story of the attraction.

I had a voice actor record the story of the Asylum and the story of the Hotel Fear. We actually have them on the web site also:

go to the site: http://lasvegashaunts.com/ you see a book on either side with the story links.

So I use the clips on the web site and then we play them over the sound system to the audience.

If you have just the one attarction you could even create your back story, then break it into several "chapters" and intersperse these amongst the music. Now over the course of waiting in line for the attraction your patrons get to hear your back story and help set the mood!!!!
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We actually did that last year for the hayride. I wrote a back story, one of the kids on the hayride went to his multimedia class, he had the teacher read the story and then he broke it into chapters with like 2 minutes of music in between. This was supposed to be used to set the tone for the hayride while people were waiting in that line. The music that I want to change is what's being played at the first maze. Just does not seem write to have funky music and commercials playing. I used to do silly dances just to mock the music.

Comment

I really like Jerry Vayne's music for haunts and he will create custom tracks for your que line too.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Just a heads up that, if you play music to a large group if people, you'll need to register that music to avoid copyright issues. Signing up with BMI / ASCAP or other service is amazingly cheap. That's one reason why Midnight Syndicate is so good -- those guys are willing to let you play their music for free so long as you advertise their work on site. If you think no one will care, think again -- we tried showing classic horror films in line and got a cease and desist message from a copyright firm that manages films. We did more investigating and made sure every film shown was in the public domain. I learned my lesson.

If you prefer non-Halloween music, that deal with a radio station sounds like a great idea. I would assume they pick up the tab, so it's win / win. Either way, I fully agree with those who theme their queue with their own work. I'm no fan of rock music at a haunt. Scary music and/or themed music seems more appropriate, but that's just me.

Mephisto the Great
                Dark Hollow Haunted Forest
                www.DarkHollowHaunt.com
                DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
                www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

actually even the radio is not legal to play to large groups

I own a radio station and would LOVE to tell you that the radio is ok to play in a venue, it is not. Ascape, BMI and Seesac still want their fees. A lot of businesses do it and get by with it, there is kind of a grey area when it comes to a small radio playing like in the kitchen area and can be heard in the dining area, but if it is piped out to any group of customers, it is illegal and reps have been known to pass through an area and nail people. Happpens a lot in bars, even in small towns. I have even heard of djs getting nailed for using burned cds.

You can get cds like Midnight Syndicate, some still may be licensed through Ascap, BMI or Seesac, so ask and or make sure it does not say it on the cd. You still want to make sure with them the product is ok to play in your haunt. It may be included in the price or may not.

Comment

We have a few trumpet players who volunteered to play something like the Queen Mary Funeral March while our ugly wooden caskets get hauled with chains down the drive.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRcx9LHBJU

Comment

Well, I have 2 things to say. 1, I'm not working for my original haunt anymore, second, I'm about ready to never listen to music again if the industry wants to be tight on when and where it's played and who listens to it. The radio is supposed to be free. If I buy a CD does that mean I'm the only one that can listen to it. What difference does it make if the radio is played to people standing in line or if you have the radio on at work. I can understand them having a problem with duplicating CD's and giving them away or illegally downloading. Besides I have not heard much good music in the last 10 years that I'd want to buy anyway.

Comment

Jonathan from Rotting Flesh Radio (and this board) was offering queue line mixes for haunts a few weeks back. Here is the information as I recall...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rfr-d...50261739226502
                        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Check these out. There are three different royalty free cds in this catagory.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asylum-CD-Mu...item5ae1d7fe77
                          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Check this out....

I have a solution that works really well.
                            I use ambient Sound Tracks for my haunt.
                            LIKE....
                            Evil whispers (most popular for use throughout a haunt outside and in).
                            Evil wind (Great for cue lines).
                            Werewolves Howl
                            Graveyard Wind
                            HillBilly Swamp
                            Toxic
                            Haunted Pirate Ship
                            Evil Clown Music
                            Children's Nursery
                            Insane Asylum
                            Crickets Swamp
                            Thunder
                            The Butcher
                            Catacomb Cave Winds
                            1000 Flies Buzz
                            Cave Bugs
                            Crow
                            Cave Drips
                            Haunted Mansion
                            The Laboratory
                            List goes on......

Point being all my sound tracks are ROLATY FREE! PERIOD!
                            I made them! I own the rights.
                            So if you want to play them in your cue line or in your haunt... YOU CAN!

You can check out samples on my website....

http://poisonprops.com/index.php?mai...=index&cPath=8

I'm a whore i know.
                            sigpic
                            PEACE, ADAM
                            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Adam,
                              You are a whore....
                              But I love you anyway.

And how about I out whore your whore, LOL
                              Gore Galore also produces it's own line of Soundscape CDs at
                              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                              plus several that are more music than sound effects CDs.
                              Organum, Organum effectus, Darkness, and Dementia.
                              Then we also carry several more that we do not produce but all come with the rights to use in your attraction.
                              Dark Matter, Midnight Circus, Demagogue, and Clive Manor

And if you want a quick download you can find most of these at
                              www.hauntaudio.com as a download plus more from other artists.
                              Kevin R. Alvey
                              info at gore-galore.com
                              www.gore-galore.com
                              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X