Getting the towns ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the towns ok

How do you sweet talk the zoning board or get their blessing? Building owners seem confused as to how to classify me too. I was told by a Fire Marshall it's a public assembly.

"Sweet talk" may be a little high in the expectations dept, but you can gain favor by being 110% prepared and ready to speak thier language when you meet. Your fire marshal is right- it is a public assembly, and our process ended up as our haunt being coded like a museum- public assembly with no seating.

I was polite and respectful when we met more than a half dozen times to exchange information- and I always returned with the answers to their questions. Our building is zoned light industrial, but gained approval for its use as a public assembly without a zoning change.

Make sure to ask for approvals in writing.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Per NFPA 101 Life Safety Code a haunt is classified as a special amusement occupancy which has stricter requirements than a general public occupancy.
      Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

We are classified as Special Assembly or Public Assembly as well. I am guessing other cities will be different. Read your codes and know them before you go in. Be polite. It is all about getting those permits.
        http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X