2007 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Season

So how is everyone's ideas and plans coming for the 07 season.

We have seen Larry's photos (which looks great BTW man...looks like it is coming along )

But have some of you started reworking or planning if you don't have a perm location?

I tihnk 07 will turn out to be a big year for haunters.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Now that we have TransWorld and our Spring Break event behind us, and with this being our first year that we didn't have to tear down and rebuild, we're already working on plans for some serious renovations! We're working on scheduling our 2nd meeting of the year in which we'll be finalizing our renovation decisions and establishing the budgets for each room to be changed out. We won't be able to completely renovate the whole haunt, but we plan to totally change up at least five of the rooms and the intro area.

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kel,

I sure do wish I was able to come out and help... I know first hand how renovating a haunt can be; a nightmare! I can't wait to see new pics of your haunt!

Good luck later this season... I'm sure your haunt will ba amazing! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks Tyler! We're looking forward to it!!! Hard work, but a labor of love! :wink:

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Well, me and my gang are already working hard on everything this year. I am steadily buying wood supplies, and various peices for some set design.
          I am slowly getting in everything I ordered from TW, and I am working out some more room designs designs for this year.
          I am actually gonna be looking at a very good building this week! Keep youur fingures crossed, and wish me luck!!
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Probably not open again this year, as always. I was going to have a partner, but that didnt work out. Spent the last month or so picking up another haunted house to take home. (parts of it, just 10 or 11 trailer loads when all was said and done).

Most likely, will work on the outdoors part the cornfield and graveyard and have those open to the point of a halloween party for friends. Better than nothing!

As is, the main haunt will still be used in a movie, Horrorween. Now a 3D movie. (hooray for funky gimmicks reflecting a fun time).

Need a team desperately out here. Sigh.
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Good luck Brad and keep us posted!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We have been redesigning since the middle of January. Every year we completely change everything in the haunt. This is our fifth anniversary and we are pulling out all the stops to make it our best year so far.

Several rooms are complete now and several others have been started. It is turning out great! We have come up with some very cool, original rooms to go along with some variations of some of our past scares. All in all I am very pleased with what we have accomplished so far and can't wait for September.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                Deadly Intentions Haunted House
                www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Howie, what do ya'll do with the stuff that ya'll dont use for the next year- different props, etc. that wont fit next years theme.
                  Brad Bowen
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Hey Gwen,

We try and re-use as much as possible. If we don't use it, we store it for the future. We collect all kinds of stuff that gets stored until we find a use for it.

We don't purchase a lot of props. We build most of our stuff ourselves. But when we do buy things we try and keep it to things that can be used in different scenes year after year.

Hope that answered your question.

Howie
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Ok I got'cha. Well good luck this year.
                      Brad Bowen
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

being in our 6th year we have some big changes for this year, but now we might have found a new bigger and better home (4,000 sf in the middle of no where to 11,000 sf off a major highway) So now we're kind of on standstill until we figure out whats going on with the building.

Sean
                        Sean De Wane
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        The De Wane Asylum
                        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean,

WOW... I hope everything works out for you and the building, sounds like a big, and better, change! Good luck man. -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Our haunt will be meeting at the end of the month to decide whether or not to even operate at all this year. Attendance has been declining ever since 9-11 although it did come back up a bit last year compared to previous years. We no longer operate the haunted barn (only a decent haunted hayride) so without a multiple haunted attraction, attendance has dropped. The biggest problem is that the owner of the show doesn't spend much to upgrade the attraction. Customers experience basically the same show every year and without a noticable "change" every other year or so, the customers just don't come back. If we operate this year, it will be the 25th anniversary of the event but only if we have a sufficient number of people to run the show.
                            The Haunter's Depot
                            www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Slobber Erlich
                              Hey Gwen,

We try and re-use as much as possible. If we don't use it, we store it for the future. We collect all kinds of stuff that gets stored until we find a use for it.

We don't purchase a lot of props. We build most of our stuff ourselves. But when we do buy things we try and keep it to things that can be used in different scenes year after year.

Hope that answered your question.

Howie
                              Hey, Howie...

I'M Gwen! LOL! That was Brad you answered.

Comment

Working...
                              X