Corn and Chipmunks!! Arghhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn and Chipmunks!! Arghhhh

Last year we planted a corn field and we had issues with chipmunks/birds etc. It wasn't that bad and we successfully grew the field. This year the chipmunks are running out of control and destroyed the entire crop. Besides housing a dog or cat on the prmises what else is a sure way to get rid of these pests to stop picking on the corn. Can the seeds be soaked in something to not attract the chipmunks? How about mothballs

Thanks

The internet suggests building an owl house or two. They sound so nice and eeerie in the early hours as well!!
    I would probably give them tasty peanut butter sandwiches everyday. Less work for the chipmunk and tastes better than corn!!!

Comment

What are your options? If you have water nearby you can get motion detecting sprinklers.

Comment

Options are open to anything besides placing cats/dogs on the grounds. They are covered with black tarps to germinate but they get under the tarp or dig and go down under. Any other suggestions. Building an owl house how would i be 100% sure owls will come in?

Comment

http://www.squidoo.com/get-rid-of-chipmunks

Comment

You could always use this method for creating tension...

http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

catch the little buggers and water board them after a few days release them and when they tell of the horrible treatment they will leave
              I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Repel all and mothballs are working

Comment

Use a loud speaker

Announce: "Attention, a free concert will be happening tonight featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks beginning at 9pm, Be There!"
                  Then at 9 the Harley Club you hired rolls in and rolls over the rodents! Surprise!
                  Maybe some Bull Snakes would like to hunt under the tarps for awhile?
                  160 years ago people would plaster a Bull Snake into the wall of their house as they finished it so mice would have a problem moving about within the walls. The English had cat openings in their thick, hollow walls for feline patrolling access.
                  You must not have packs of coyotes where you are.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Have you been between the walls at the Ravens Grin Jim? Pretending your Norman Bates? Ha ha! Jessica beware of peepin Toms LOL!
                    Damon
                    Frightmasters
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Please stick with the topic the chipmunks are still haunting our corn field.

Comment

real sorry..........but

in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                        www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Not to hijack the thread in anyway... but havent seen you on in a while Tim...shoot me an email I still got some goodies I need to get to you, but didnt have solid contact info. (haunt@jakprints.com) Hope all is well and hope to get out and visit and or guest act a night with you this year!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                          X