Marketing Suggestions? New Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Suggestions? New Haunted House

Hello....im looking to start a new haunted scare house in next 2 years. Do you think it is too early to start marketing? May be build up a mystery of what is before it starts? Thought about doing simple fliers and stickers stuff first, may be poster too. Any help and suggestion would be very cool.

-Scaremeister

I think most haunters will agree that the masses forget things advertised to them within a month :/
    In my opinion the money you would spend on an extended advertising campaign would be better spent on quality props and/or actor, makeup, sfx and management training for new inexperienced staff.
    If it is something you feel the need to push you will have to start slow around this time actually and build until september and then really hit them.
    (Indy scream park did that here and it seemed to work okay for them Just not sure if it justified the money spent)

Comment

Marketing is a great idea, it's never to early to promote your Haunt. I do agree though, it is to early to spend money on materials such as flyers, stickers and posters. At this point I would start with social media and maybe a webpage. Build your crew and promote by volunteer guest acting at other haunts. Use social media and guest acting to build a solid base of haunt workers for the future.

Just be very careful to not lure actors for the haunts you guest act for. Make sure to bring your own crew and leave with your own crew. Stealing other haunt workers will get you black listed quick.

Good Luck with the haunt.
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

If I were you I would build your theme and back story now. Get a web page and facebook up and running asap with all the backstorys and info. you can even hand out flyers right now with the website and face book info in it stating its coming soon. I would even get a youtube channel up and start making short videos about the haunt or its history and post links to it on facebook. every bit helps and what you dont have to pay someone else to do helps even more
        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

It never hurts to build your social media and web SEO early as possible.
          Last edited by Haunted Prints (EOM); 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM.
          Joshua
          www.hauntedprints.com
          info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Have all the theming, budgeted funds for props, story etc... all set to go...just a matter ofdeciding where to start.

Internet is the ez no brainer.

I think you meant to say SEO Joshua, and for any business that is obviously important.

I am gathering from collective early viral marketing the city may not be effective. I can spare a couple hundred in budget to maybe play the idea some. We will see. What is earliest any of you have started your foot troops with flierings and the like

scaremeister

Comment

That's what I get for not proof reading my posts. Thanks for the heads up.

When im feeling a little crazy I like to search optimize my engine.
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Originally posted by scaremeister View Post
                Have all the theming, budgeted funds for props, story etc... all set to go...just a matter ofdeciding where to start.
                Do you actually have the backstory and theme already set then or just money budgeted towards building them?
                If all that is done start with the freebies first!
                build a facebook page and also a twitter
                Link the two together so a quick twitter post from your phone (or whoever handles your online media) updates both sites! also work on building a close fan base with the locals and only post a minimal amount of times in on day or you will simply be hidden and forgotten (you can up the amound of posts mid september and really hit it in october as the kids will not mind as much.)
                As you progress the word will spread and the "out of towners" will add you.
                From there.
                Mad wax is also right about the youtube any commercials promos funny videos of the build crew etc. can be easily linked to your fb or twitter from youtube!
                And I think everyone will agree radio is dead... at least in my area it is a empty money pit, whereas it used to be huge. Lately the trend has been marketing via tv ads and web videos.

Comment

words is words I guess Here is an example of what I mean
                  This is a "short" Fear Fair did for there 2009 season
                  and then out of it created several commercials and a few behind the scenes videos of the filming etc. It worked very well for them that year and padded his youtube with several DIFFERENT videos to randomly pop onto fb twitter etc.

(it is 10 minutes long btw the first couple minutes will get the point across lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZgWcGFfgBg

Comment

Working...
                  X