Effect box for amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect box for amp

I currently have a small Yamaha amp that I use for the audio of one of my animations. Id like te be able to give the voice track of this animation some echo or reverb. Would it be cheaper to buy a new amp that had this built in feature or could I run a guitar effects pedal before going into my Yamaha amp?

Thanks,

Randy

Why not just edit the original audio file of this animatronic, if possible? There are plenty of free audio editing programs like Audacity to add reverb or echo. Then once your happy with the effect your all set.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Thats really not an option as the speech (along with the programming code) is already recorded onto a SD card. Thanks for your input though.

Comment

I would try it. Just copy everything off the SD card and save an unchanged copy in case it doesn't work. It has to be stored in either wav, mp3, etc. all of which can be edited. Odds are it's just looking for the audio file to be a certain name. What kind of controller is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Skullman,
          they are right.
          This is an easy thing to do.
          Audacity has reverb and echo effects.
          Then just set the preferences in audactiy the same as the file format of the current file. Export file. Load file back onto a different SD card (SO you still have your original file) and try it.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Like everyone else said there are plenty of great audio editing programs out there like Audacity, or one I like to use called Goldwave, and as long as you can remove your card you can just edit it (save original just in case as stated). If you dont have a reader on your computer you can get one of those for $5-10 at most any office supply store, and even replacement cards for similar price for as big as you would need.

If you really want to use a pedal or effects of some sort, it is going to be much cheaper (in most cases) to use that as opposed to an entirely new amp. Look for them used, but make sure you can test it first with a similar setup. I know bands that use guitar pedals for vocal effects, and some have really bad problems with feeback or cutting out when used with voice as it is not the intended use, but again it can be done.

Hope this helps.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Randy Skullman - As an easier, cheaper [free] alternative, they're all telling you the way to go. To go one better, if you get the program DROPBOX [also a free, safe download] I'll show you how to drop it to me after you dump the SD card to your desktop [save a copy of the original uncut so you always have that option]

I'll edit the file in Audacity and post it for you to hear the effects. Unless you learn fast on most programs then just download Audacity and mess around with it till you get what you want.

Audacity is easy, if my dog had an opposing thumb I could teach her to use it.
              Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-07-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X