is the haunt industry doomed?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the haunt industry doomed?????

I was wondering what people are thinking, about the haunt industry? Some people are saying that with the economy, and with the amount of haunted attractions popping up every where that the haunt industry is doomed. what does every one think are haunted attractions here to stay?

in time of depression many look for escape. better entertainment than gambling.

Comment

Dooooommmmmed

Yes it is doomed stay out of the industry, don't open a haunt near me , don't open a hay ride or a corn maze, just ignore the thousands of people you see out there they are just props to entice you. lol

Shawn
      Twisted Woods

Comment

Doomed, never. It's kinda like amusement parks, no matter how much money they lose they always open next season. Well most of them.

The only doom I see is gov't intervention takes place creating restrictions so tight that haunts will no longer pass code to open. But then again haunts can just move to unincorporated land.

It would be a very sad day if haunts become doomed.
        Joshua
        www.hauntedprints.com
        info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Like any industry it has its ups and downs. Thankfully I think haunts have been a regular staple of entertainment enough to where no matter what they will always be around. As long as there is entertainment and Halloween there will be haunted attractions. Going to a Haunted House in October for many is just like taking their kids to see Santa around Christmas. It has become part of the holiday. Im sure it will continue to have ups and downs....but will never die.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Holiday tradition that will never die. Will always be a must do past time for generations to come!
            Joshua
            www.hauntedprints.com
            info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

No way

I think the "try to get rich quick" haunts will falter, but as long as there are people who love Halloween and being scared, there will be haunts!
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

"Get Rich Quicker-z"

Admision = $13 admision $14= Admission $18=??
                "Someone is trying to make it all in one year.. but who is it?
                Could be the $13 one if it's just a lame crappy pile of festering ripped up old garbage,with "0" Showmanship. But then maybe the quick guy is the $18 one? Unfortunately many customer comparisons can only take place during the post-mortum timeframe AFTER the ticket has been used to see what ever was offered.. then everyone elses suffers. "Guilt by association".
                One October people were bitching to me about such a rip-off 90 miles from my place simply because we shared the same tourist organization brochure (As did numerous others)
                So then I am supposed to tour each one and possibly given them my personal stamp of approval?
                "How do we rate, Jim?"
                I drop my drawers, turn and smear feces residue next to their entrance for all the world to see!
                "We failed!!?"
                "No, you passed."
                "Oh, Thanks, Jim!"
                "Don't mention it."
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nah, I believe the haunted house industry will be just fine.

Sure, the economy SUCKS right now. But people LOVE to be entertained, & will fork out the $$$ to be entertained, & MANY people thankfully continue to turn to their local haunted houses, Death Row has been around for 15 years now, I won't lie & say we're doing great BUT I will say we make ends meet as an established haunted house should be able to do! We buy props as we can afford them, & put on the best show we can! In all honesty, it's ALWAYS the actors most haunted houses have problems with...they don't show up or they're late or just whatever. Eh...we just do the best we can, you can ALWAYS depend on your haunted house to be there every night!
                  John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

those restrictions are caused by people who don't know what they're doing ---- they do something stupid and the government has to add an extra code in the book to restrict the rest of us. the code book will never loosen, it'll always just ratchet tighter and tighter after each incident.

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
                    The only doom I see is gov't intervention takes place creating restrictions so tight that haunts will no longer pass code to open. But then again haunts can just move to unincorporated land.

It would be a very sad day if haunts become doomed.
                    sigpic
                    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

To clarify... LOL

"Get rich quick" is a very loose term....
                      What I should have said was....
                      "Any goofball with a couple hundred bucks and some olf animatronics who thinks that they can toss a couple haunts together in a few weeks."
                      Totally gives the rest a bad name, because we are all "haunted houses"
                      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Working...
                      X