Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Marketing: A Press Release

Hello,
    I am a longtime lurker, but very rarely post anything. Anyway, I thought I would give a quick heads-up about a success that we have had. Sending out a press release.

Now, not just any press release (that will get it put directly into the circular file). It must be a professional-looking, properly-written document. Here is the correct format and some hints: http://www.publicityinsider.com/release.asp"

Going back at least 7 years, we have never sent a press release that has not gotten picked up in some way. Our biggest success, in 2010, we bumped the local 4th of July Festival off the cover of the 20-something free magazine, for our off-season summer show.

Just an idea that I thought I would share.

Happy Haunting!

Free marketing is always the best kind!

With haunts I have worked with in the past we have done several parades and festivals which are almost always completely free to enter, you just need to get ahold of the city's Chamber of Commerce for registration. With these most of the time are hitting your core audiences. You might want to have some promo materials on hand to pass out, but showing off your characters and what they can expect coming to your attraction is 100% free. Many large concert venues will also allow you to flyer inside as well as outside the door with permission. We had great responses for both advertising the haunts as well as recruiting some new actors with all of these methods. You can also often get free spots on college radio stations...utilize any connections you have, there are a lot of creative and free ways to get your name out there.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Press releases can work great if done right for very little cost. It just takes time and effort to get them out to as many media outlets as possible.
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Working...
      X