These are the questions I got!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the questions I got!

Ok everyone the people that I am speeking with are very much interested in haunting. They have told me that haunting is something that they have thought about doing for years but have never went for the gold due to some concerns wich I will share with you.

First off, the property is awsome it is perfect for outdoor attractions. Yes there are a few small buildings and a barn, but these can't be risked with the chance of fire.

So we are looking at an entire outdoor haunt with a nice sized wooded section and corn fields. From where we stand now with this discussion there will be no hayride or at least this is something that has not been braught up. So with that said we are looking at a haunted trail and some sort of haunted corn maze.

Here are their concerns and why they have never jumped into haunting. In order for me to move forward with them they are asking for a proposal of some kind;

•Additional insurance costs
    •Inappropriate guests
    •Fire hazards, the barn is irreplaceable
    •We have fall displays of pumpkins and other decorations that fill the barn beginning late September
    •Animals are under the barn. Two mini ponies, four goats and a pot belly pig live there
    •Staffing

So like stated before, we can rule out the use of the barn.
    We all know that Inapprpriate guests are a concern so a security team will need to be made, will there need to be Police on site or can we just handle stuff on our own and call the Police if needed?

As for insurance what are we looking at for providers and a months werth of payment?

For staff, I guess this realy depends on how big of a haunt they are willing to open?

So these are the questions that I need answers to and your thoughts would help!!!

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

Here are their concerns and why they have never jumped into haunting. In order for me to move forward with them they are asking for a proposal of some kind;

•Additional insurance costs ?
    ***You need to call their agent in order to see if they would cover an outdor seasonal event, you will need a guess on attendance. If you want to insure the event seperately then call Ken Donat
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Do...584171?sk=info
    this has his contact info- he does alot of haunted event insurance and he can give you hard numbers.

•Inappropriate guests-
    ***hire one off duty police officer it will run you about $30/hour. call your local station to ask who there handles that. One off duty officer and your own security staff 1 for every 200 guests or so that will be on your property at one time. Radios are the maker or breaker of success in this area- good communication makes a world of difference.

•Fire hazards, the barn is irreplaceable
    ***Umm...got it, dont use the barn. And have your fire marshal come out during the planning process just to check it out. You can put your ticket booth in a conex container that is modified for that purpose, concessions can be done the same way. metal buildings away from the barn should be no issue.

•We have fall displays of pumpkins and other decorations that fill the barn beginning late September
    ***So dont use the barn.

•Animals are under the barn. Two mini ponies, four goats and a pot belly pig live there
    ***So dont use the barn
    (your really hung up on the barn....stay away from it and you will be fine.)

•Staffing
    ***If you build it they will come. get the word out that you are doing a haunted house-craigslist people in line at the grocery store...facebook if you talk to people you bump into you can staff 30 people for a haunt in a short time, they all have a friend, nephew, or cousin that wants to do a haunted house. And Get Kelly Allens book-http://www.hauntbook.com/products.html- Hell, get em both.

So like stated before, we can rule out the use of the barn.
    ***(you are really hung up on this barn, let it go.)

We all know that Inapprpriate guests are a concern so a security team will need to be made, will there need to be Police on site or can we just handle stuff on our own and call the Police if needed?
    ***Already answered that see above yes you need them.

As for insurance what are we looking at for providers and a months werth of payment?
    ****That depends on how many guests you think your going to get, I bet you can nsure for less than $5000 this year.

For staff, I guess this realy depends on how big of a haunt they are willing to open?
    ***Plan on 30 to 50.
    Allen H....forget the barn.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

So it was actually four questions?

Comment

Youve got enough animals for a small petting zoo for children in the afternoons? Just a thought.
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
        X