Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Films for off the wall inspiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Films for off the wall inspiration?

I am always a fan of offbeat and just plain crazy horror movies...the kind of stuff that you might find at film festivals or only get press because of just how off the wall they are, but many times are hidden gems on thier own rite. Just watched Hobo With A Shotgun today...that film is just wild, if you are not into gory or risque kind of stuff I do not recommend it, but it is definitely an entertaining watch if you can stomach that kind of stuff. Then one of the previews...so just plainabsurd...that I think I am compelled that I have to see it.... It is called Rubber, and it is about a tire (yes a tire...like a car tire) that has the ability to make people's head's explode. Has anyone here seen it? They have it for rental at Blockbuster, on Pay Per View, and even for sale on both DVD and Blu Ray at Best Buy.

On top of these, do any of you have some wild off the wall recommendations for similar crazy films that on first glance most people would not give a chance, but are really cool, and/or themes/characters you have done at your haunts on a similar level? I am sure with the wild minds in our industry there is some great stuff out there I or we have not seen or heard of. I usually get some of my best character inspiration from things like this. For example, a character I thought up today spurred from a cross between a bargain full face foam latex appliance I got at MHC last year, watching Hobo With A Shotgun, and an elderly gentleman in blu blockers that almost hit me driving today...I wont devulge until I try it...but believe me if I pull it off its going to be priceless on the level of Tater's Granny character.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

My Wacky Character:

Is a guy who holds people captive, exercising his imagination upon them for his own personal therapy for countless hours at a time!
    Some of them become so engrossed in his unpredictability they lose track of real time and feel compelled to applause, all the while forgetting they paid him to be here!
    I leave my hideous make up on for a year at a time, last year it was "The 61 yr, old guy", this year it's the 62 yr. old guy/make up.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Im not super into the obscure horror movies, but I love monster movies. Jack brooks monster slayer was fun and good.
      I tend to watch movies more for movement refrences as opposed to character "Splinter" is a hidden gem as far as movement goes.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hideous!

Thats just hideous Jim! LOL!
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        Damon Carson

Comment

Jack Brooks was great! Did you happen to see any of the making of stuff on that? I was really surprised that most of the giant monster was actually soft sculpted, and then hand puppeted. It was definitely a lot of fun. I usually find some great gems by stalking the Blockbuster shelves and picking out all the most insane looking covers of stuff I have never heard of. Usually its about a 60/40 split of good and bad leaning in favor of the bad...but then about 10% of the good are really good and just insane, and I would have never found out about any other way.

Watched Rubber today. I will have to say it was both brilliant and completely absurd. Id love to see the making of, because part of the intrigue of the movie is how they keep that tire moving with no visible strings or wires. I can tell there is something filled some on the inside watching it closely...but still baffled me.

Anyone else have any good off the wall ones to share?

Mike "Pogo" hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

The Horde- french kick butt zombie movie available through netflix.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Disney is a great place for senic inspiration.
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Disney horror movie? what movie you recomend?

Recommending a good horror movie I like foreign but full of grit grime movie Frontiers or creepy house on wrongTurn.

Comment

Another great one I seen today...REC2 (REC was the original version of Quarantine)....very creepy.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                  -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                  X