Transworld costume qeustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld costume qeustion

I went to transworld in St louis, and it was great... I saw a grandfather clock costume and thought is was cool but I dont know who sold it... Does anyone know who sells it?

Thanks I appreciate the help.

Geoff

if im not mistaken it was scare factory
    Tim McCall

Comment

It was scare factory.
      about a quarter of the way down the page.
      http://www.scarefactory.com/New_for_2011.html
      and...
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yep Scarefactory.....Tater was trapped inside that thing a good portion of the show. They have a couple similar ones that are pretty cool like the chair as well.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone.. I thought it was cool and thinking about adding to to my haunt,,, does anyone have one and how good is the scare... I think it would be great... I also like the chair.. did see it at the show but it is really cool too... any info on it... how is it for the actor.... is it hot or hard to work?

Thanks

Geoff

Comment

As an actor for 20+ years...avoid the clock. watch the video, imagine the sweating-to counteract that you drink a ton of water, now imagine having to pee.
            I think a better idea is to build a fake clock against the wall on a slide so an actor can quickly slide it away and get a scare, then slide it back.
            I have seen the chair in several haunts and it works great and looks a bit more comfortable.
            Just my thoughts,
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks

That is some good points about the clock... I guess it is allot to get in and out of.

Geoff

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              As an actor for 20+ years...
              avoid the clock. watch the video, imagine the sweating-to counteract that you drink a ton of water, now imagine having to pee.
              I think a better idea is to build a fake clock against the wall on a slide so an actor can quickly slide it away and get a scare, then slide it back.
              I have seen the chair in several haunts and it works great and looks a bit more comfortable.
              Just my thoughts,
              Allen H

Comment

Yeah, the whole HOT/SWEAT factor is the reason I roam outside the haunt and not in it. I'd rather sweat buckets inside the haunt building and detailing than sweating buckets in a costume inside the haunt.
                Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

The clock costume just looks awkward to get in and out of. I seen tater in that thing. And although I think its his best role or greatest character to date. LOL! I would have to say I like the chair from Scarefactory alot better.
                  Damon
                  Frightmasters
                  Damon Carson

Comment

I like the idea of the grandfather clock costume, but I bet it would be a pain to wear. I think a better idea would to be build a grandfather clock mainly out of wood and put it up against an opening in a wall. Make arms for it out of polyfoam like the Scare Factory costume. This would allow an actor to step in and out of it from the back and move the arms and maybe the head to get the scare. Or even better you could build it along the lines of how Creature Corps did their statue costume with the base being solid and the the top being foam&latex once again allowing the actor to step in and out the back when they need to go tinkle.
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                    X