Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the people of the united states need to take our country back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the people of the united states need to take our country back!!!

Does anyone see anything wrong with the news reporting they may not give social security checks out next month?? I know i wont be retiring anytime soon but what the f**k !!!!!!!! were is my money going and what about yours!!!! We need to start this hacky ass goverment over again and the people should never let This county be run again by a bunch of greedy ass politicians again. P.s were the hell is my money i put into this????
    Last edited by screamline studios; 07-13-2011, 09:10 PM.

just g.oping to watch this one a while first...

I'm in no rush to chime in on this yet with substance. But treasonist rebels run in the family. The fifth & sixth generation of Benjamins in the new world (family landed in Boston harbor in 1632) fought in the American Revolution...only one lived through it.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

At least some people will stand up for what is right!!!!

Comment

I know a lot of people that would be affected by that in the immediate, and obviously a lot more in the future. Lets hope they figure something out. Lots of craziness in the government news this year. I still havent gotten over that they actually talked about "shutting down the government" a couple months back if a bill wasn't passed or plans changed, that was just dumbfounding. I will confess that I don't follow a lot of the political stuff (even though it affects me and I should) in detail, but just some of the things that have been going on are rediculous.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

It used to be...

Most of us could totally ignore politics AND politicians and everything seemed to go along pretty good for most of the population...most of the time...not any more.
          Could this be a part of many problems facing the country? 3% of the population have 90 to 95% of the income and money and own almost all of the things worth owning.
          How did this happen? It all began when people with steel and gun powder met people already here who were stone age un-techinical and foisted pieces of "Legal" papers for them to sign in trade for a handfull of shabby, cheap trinkets.
          So now how Does it feel to be an economic-stone age indian ? Quad-drupple teamed by hordes of lawyers, accountants working for the richest people who bought and paid for OUR politicians? "Ownership" does have it's rights afterall.
          Employment opportunities still exist being a strong-arm guy traveling around the planet securing wealth and property for those same 3% who already own almost everything but they are still chasing those few newly discovered markets and natural resources to own it ALL.
          At least finally after almost 300 years we have finally heard some actual honesty coming from the Republican party, they aren't tap-dancing around it anymore, they have very publically declared themselves as being owned by the Billionaires that so deserve and need tax breaks. The rest of us can just hold our breath at the bottom of the river.
          Some Democrats are still meandering in their temptation private "hell" as large amounts of bullion are waved before their unblinking gaze.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

At first glance this does not belong on the forum.....wrong!

For way too long everyone just wanted to ignore the 900# gorilla breathing down our neck hoping it would go away. Some one above mentioned not being informed as much as they maybe should be. That I suggest is at the heart of our current problem; more so than politicians or the greediest CEO on Wall Street. My cousin is in D.C. and is on House Appropriations ....I get more info than I care to. You will hear a lot these next few weeks about we MUST raise the debt limit or face economic armegeddon. The simpletons forget the important part..."we must plan on cutting debt". It is almost humorus to hear left leaning media try to hammer home to citizens the chaos we face by not expanding debt. Look at history of past nations folks. There have been doomsayers from beginning of time probably. But we just close our eyes and cant imagine it would really get bad...and hope the gorilla walks away.

Why does this belong on the forum.....because I believe in 15 years unless we get the nations debt under control.....haunted houses will be a thing of the past.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

There are 85 million sensationalist political doomsayer sites out there, but only one HauntWorld forum. Do we really have to do this here, in our happy place?
              Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors & Food Court of the Damned, at FrightTown

Comment

Amen on that, I know the world is falling apart I don't need to read about it here. Now I need to go make some money, so I can pay taxes so someone who drives a better car then me can get their free food.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Goolo View Post
                There are 85 million sensationalist political doomsayer sites out there, but only one HauntWorld forum. Do we really have to do this here, in our happy place?
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Hey look guys i am not doomsdaying anything but to turn a blind eye is foolish!!!!! This could affect all of us, i just dont like it so i brought it up to you guys who i like to call friends of this industry thats all .

Comment

Canadians love Americans!! Move north if it gets too bad!!

Comment

Probably not going to happen

It's probably not going to happen because nobody wants to talk about it, and apparently some don't want you talking about it either.
                      We are getting what we deserve. We have allowed this to happen by being apathetic. We have been trading freedom for safety and security at an alarming rate.

Americans don't want to be free, they want someone else to manage things for them.
                      What would our founders think if they knew that you had to have a SS number in order to work and a permit to open a haunted house, or any business for that matter. Any minute someone will validate my point by saying how necessary it is to have a permit process. And I will be thinking to myself, Yup, they don't want to be free, in fact they have been so conditioned that they don't even know what freedom is.

As for the industry, if the US does not default on it's debt this summer, I think that the Haunt season will be very good for most. It seems inevitable that at some point over the course of the next few years the Schumer is going to hit the fan. When it does I think that not only will the haunt industry be turned upside down, but life as we know it will change forever.

I think that it is a very legitimate question to ask, what will the haunted house industry look like in 5 years? They say that during the Great Depression, the movie theatres were very popular, I suspect that if things get too bad, people will probably shy away from a form of entertainment that invokes fear. It makes sense to me that they would want entertainment that makes you laugh. While it is true that people laugh at thier friends when they get scared, I don't think that the perception that people have about haunted houses is that they are funny.

I am curious, as to what my fellow haunters think will happen to the industry if this house of cards comes tumbling down.
                      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Goolo View Post
                        ...sage...

Comment

Originally posted by Wellinton View Post
                          Canadians love Americans!! Move north if it gets too bad!!
                          Some of the most genuinely friendly people I've ever met were in Canada, while I was in Canada, not when they were in the U.S.

Was at a conference in Toronto once, needed some emergency personal use items, so I ducked into a small tobacco shop type place in the plaza connected to the hotel. I was like two dollars short and had nothing but my hotel key with me - the guy behind the counter says pay me when you get a chance tomorrow. I couldn't believe it. Went back and paid him the next day, he remembered me as soon as I walked in.

Another time I was coming home from Rome, flight had been delayed for hours at Da Vinci, flight was whatever 11 hours, connection was in Toronto. I was sitting behind a pack of gypsies that hadn't bathed yet that Summer, when I got off the flight just being in North America felt so much like home I wanted to kiss the runway.

Canadians are O damn K in my book

Comment

brush up on your chinese

any society that would give up
                            just a little liberty
                            to gain a just lil safety and security
                            deserve neither and will loose both

Ben Franklin

what a change of attitude we have undergone
                            this is not what our founding fathers had in mind

my advice is to plant a garden and can your food
                            get a gun and all the ammo u can....
                            get right with the lord..
                            and freakin raise your kids to appreciate life and liberty....and .everything will work out just fine..haha

soo today legislation is being considered in my local gov
                            called a yard maintenance code..
                            beside having your grass only be so high
                            yard furniture is not allowed to be left in the yard...go America

every single legislation passed is for the heath, safety and welfare of the slaves... i mean citizens
                            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I honestly feel we are over due for a change . The question is what can you do ? They have made it where even questioning authority is considered an act of terrorism. Terrorist have become the new communists. As long as no one says anything we are accepting it and just as guilty by allowing it to happen
                              I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X