Most rewarding role?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most rewarding role?

When acting in a haunted house, which role do you find the most satisfying?

Mannequin scare for me, since I'm not a very good talker..

I also have a pretty loud scream & can drop a crowd from a good "boo-hole" on occasion!

Ok.. I'm ready for haunt season now!!!!!
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Anywhere inside the house you are the unsung hero of a haunt. I love working inside of a haunt on stilts, no one sees that coming...and I love 90degree turnarounds, I nail the last person in the group every time. And outside as a roamer, and as a greeter, tag team scares, and boo holes. Its easier to say what I dont like, chained scares torso table, electric chair all of those.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Rewarding is when a scared customer falls to their knees. Slamming together two martial arts focus pads directly behind the customer's head in the dark was rewarding when the scene made them believe it was the axe coming... also had success with a scare I found online...lay waiting on top of the fridge behind a curtain of white interfacing and slide over the top of the fridge through the fabric when the guest opened the fridge door. No one saw it coming.. A well timed blast of air from behind worked great with this scare. I love it all!! I can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wellinton View Post
          ...lay waiting on top of the fridge behind a curtain of white interfacing and slide over the top of the fridge through the fabric when the guest opened the fridge door. No one saw it coming.. A well timed blast of air from behind worked great with this scare. I love it all!! I can't wait!!!
          LMAO!! I LOVE that! Anything like that would work where you catch the guest in a normal 'guilty' act. Sneaking into the fridge... what other scenarios would be similar?
          missjayne
          Netherworld Haunted Attractions
          http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Setting up a guilty act is an excellent idea! It may take a long wait to scare, if your guests are well mannered . In this scene we had an armless bloody chap ask for help opening the fridge door.
            Most folk expected the scare in the fridge. I'm excited for Allen Hopps Scare DVD's to arrive for new ideas !!
            Darn Canadian Postal strike backed up our Internationals orders.

Comment

Every Role, because it's "ME"!

Yup! I often sell them tickets , open the door. Entertain them in every room of the house for the next 90 minutes.(Or more if they are good and fun to be around)
              October is not as much fun in some ways. I don't get to do this then. Have to have numerous helpers I just do the first room for about ten minutes, although it is quite the challenge . Inform, entertain, make them laugh make them scream, make them laugh again , all in ten minutes! (While using and activating about 15 to 20 effects and devices.)
              Open again in 16 minutes, Right Now!
              OPEN every night EVERY NIGHT! If I would happen to drop dead, come on in, I'll be waiting for you.
              hauntedravensgrin.com Mount Carroll. Ill.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X