Have you heard............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thought on lights/no lights

Our first year in the outdoors (3 seasons ago) we had a few generators with a few lights, but that was it. If anyone lives in or close to Kentucky, you remember that was a TERRIBLE year for rain. Worried about our patrons safety, I bought those little LED lights from Lowes, they come about 10 or 12 in a box. And we gave them out to customers and had the parking guys collect them before customers leaves. That way there isn't a whole lot of light, but they were good and small, didn't give off too much light, and they usually came back to us! We only lost 1 or 2 the whole season. (But again, this was our first year,we weren't HORRIBLY BUSY). I imagine if you wanted, you could offer them for a small deposit ($1 or $2) and if they don't return it, you have almost paid for your box of lights!
    If you're scared, say you're scared...

Comment

I went through one that was entirely lights off. The write up said there would be actors periodically throughout the tunnels with flashlights they would use to illuminate their face, usually as the customer was groping them trying to find their way out of the room. While we went through as part of a haunt tour and they didn't have the actors in place, the complete blackness and tunneling effect in itself was a little scary. I think it would be awesome!!!
      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Near The Finale..

I do a very dark piece of action (physically) I scare one person often times using the SAME item two times!?
        Then I out-wait them in my dark. Finale they begin to relax, that will be the time I strike!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We have done Glowstick alone for 4 years at Ruby Falls - However we are in a CAVE! And yes I would HIGHLY recommend glowsticks as most people do not know how to hold them correctly and they blind themselves to aid in the actors attack... Plus the groups are like HUGE neon signs walking through. We have tried numerous colors and types and found that the GREEN 3" is the best that sheds enough light to be safe yet not too bright to take away from the haunt. We normally do 2 per group. (Group of 6 to 8) Smaller groups get 1.

This will be our first year to go back to normal lighting as we wanted to do something different. 4 years of the same tends to get old! I highly recommend trying it and if you think the green is too much light go with the red. Yellow is too bright.

On a side note get a sponsor to sponsor the glow sticks. 10,000 can be bought at $1,500 - $2,000 and the sponsor can take a majority of the hit.

Good Luck and Holler if you need any help!

Comment

Working...
          X