Haunts under tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunts under tents

What can you tell me about haunts under tents. I Know that for some haunters this was there first building, or should I say stucture, that they used to house there haunt.

Are fire codes differant then being indoors?

What about sprinklers? Are they required?

For some, building under tents has worked great. I know weather is a factor, but I think weather is a factor for every haunt in some way.

I have seen cool pictures, and I thought this subject should be disscussed.

What are some of the Pros and Cons of a "tent haunt"?

Tents over 1,000 sq feet do have to be sprinklered. Some localities I hear may be requiring tents for under 1k to sprinkler, I am not sure. If you elect to use multiple tents, they have to be a distance of at least 20 feet apart as a firebreak.

A professional company has to install the sprinklers. There are no known do it yourself portable sprinkler systems approved.

Yet.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Check out cloth bulidings, these things are great. Just do a google for cloth buildings. One site even has a photo of a haunted house in one, I'll look for it again and post the link. Halloween Horror Nights Orlando had two haunts in them last year.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

i hear so many horror stories with haunts being under haunts with the wind and rain and what not. Right now in WI we're having 40+ MPH winds... it would easily rip a tent down. Although some locations might not have as bad as weather as we can in Oct...

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Make a tent an underground tent with about five feet of dirt on top of it, then the wind wouldn't be messing with it, or sew up a tent to resemble a big woman with a billowy dress on then watch how much traffic pulls in off the main road just to look up her dress. "Promotion" or "Perversion"?
          What ever lifts your skirt?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can't find the web site that had the photo of the haunt, also google fabric building, you'll get more hits.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Pros (a few of the many):
              You can change your location if you need to!
              If it's hot, you just fold back the flaps for instant air conditioning.
              It's not hard to move things into or out of for set up/tear down.

Cons (a few of the many):
              It's still cold in your tent if it's cold outside!
              Tents don't have the awesome feeling of a creepy building without putting a lot of detail into your haunt itself.
              Weather is a BIG factor - especially in Colorado

As far as fire codes, etc., it's best to check with your local fire inspector/chief and ask for details specific to your locale. Things can vary greatly, even from city to city.
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
              X