Use of property agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of property agreement

This will be my 3rd year running a haunted house raising money for charity. Not having our own property/building is our biggest hurdle every year. In the past we've been able to use buildings owned by a local bank that has donated to the cause., but this year there isn't any property available. I've found someone who is willing to let us use a recently closed retail building, but I want to make sure to cover my bases.

For any of you in a similar situation do you have some sort of standard agreement that you use?

Just curious what types of things I need to include to cover myself (i.e. be out by date, utilities, etc....) I'm thinking something similar to a rental agreement, but want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything or leaving myself up for unforseen issues.

Thanks in advance!
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Get EVERYTHING in writing and have a paper trail of everything discussed. Save all email and text messages. Have and agreement IN writing about such things as any changes you will do to the building even as small as nails in walls or floors..... Good Luck
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

you need a lease agreement and if they are a legit company to rent from then they will have something written up already.
      you also need to understand the difference between an agreement with the city and an agreement with the building owner.
      the building owner might say in writting something is OK. but the city might say that it is NOT OK.
      also make sure the building is zoned properly.
      DONT SIGN ANYTHING until the city looks at the building and says "yes it is up to code and you can build your haunted house here"

hope that helps
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Working...
      X