Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we or Could we??? That is the Question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we or Could we??? That is the Question!!!

So being that it is the middle of July, I want to know if anyone thinks YES or NO to opening a new haunt for this year with half of the summer being gone???

Like I have posted before we will not be your normal haunt with detailed sets, so keep this in as a thought.

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

Yes do it and do it now while there is time. Don't wait any longer.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Just Depends

We started working back in Dec. for our haunt this year. There are only 3 of us working and we are being pretty detailed and had to build every wall panel etc. from scratch. We all have full-time jobs so have been working around our schedules every day that we are off and a lot of nights and we are finally (6 months later) just about done with the detail and now have to finalize sound and lighting and will be done for the most part (shooting for middle of August). We are hoping to get done with building so we will have as much time for marketing in Sept. as we can. We may just be slow and you may have a lot more people to help you, but it is hard to pull it off in 2 1/2 months unless you have A LOT of free time. The hardest part is going to be getting your props in because lots of them will be backordered, out of stock, or not ready to ship that soon. I have seen people on here who have pulled it off in less time though! Good Luck and let us know if you decide to go with it!

Comment

There is no reason in the world not to do it, you have plenty of time for alate september opening start as soon as you can. Walls up first, then lights and sound, then paint then set detail- then as was wisely said marketing. But also do marketing when your to tired to lift a screwgun but can manage banging out a press release on the keyboard. The only thing standing in your way is work. Tom sawyer friends into helping, have a painting party when the sound is done, a Blood spattering party when you near the end of detailing- you get the idea.
        Get on it!
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Should we or Could we

August of 2010 I acquired a property with a old house and what we call in NC a pack house (that means a big barn for city folk). I got some freinds to help me , opened a facebook account, made flyers,and had 700 paying customers. It was alot of hard work, but I keep wondering how many more will come next season.

Comment

In the same boat.

Had a local attraction who had a group that was supposed to build a secondary attraction, but the group back out. They just asked me if I wanted to fill in and create something for the space. Not having budgeted either time or money for this project, it seems a little crazy. On-the-other-hand, I have a bunch of walls sitting in the barn and a quite a few props already sitting around, so it may be doable. In scramble mode to figure it out.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out well for you!

Comment

You could hypothetically pull it off. One more haunt will make the world a happier place! I do know what you mean with only a few of you working on everything together.

I haven't been out of college more than a couple years, couldn't find a job, started a mobile auto detailing company, home haunted for close to 10 (excluding the last few seasons) and sporadically took a trip to St. Louis this past March to attend for the first time the Trans World show. My father met me there and that weekend I realized what I was born to do.

From mid March until now I have gathered every piece of information I can think of with the help of so many veteran haunt industry members on this forum.

Anything is doable, I never though I could pull a pro haunt off for this upcoming season, but the amount of time we put in during the last few months was insane.

And well, 2 weeks from now the doors open to our building lease where the REAL WORK will begin for us. August & September is what we have to work with and on opening night Buffalo, NY better be ready for a new haunted attraction!
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

You can do anything with time or money!!! But you have to have ONE of them!!!

If you don't have enough time...then you need a lot of money!

If you don't have enough money...then you need a lot of time!!!

I went pro on this principal!!! When I had a full time job I was in management and it
                didn't afford me alot of extra time. So many projects required me to pay someone else
                to accomplish it. I ran the numbers and decided if I took the time and did it myself, I was
                in essence "hiring" myself!!!

Figure out how much time you have, everything you have to accomplish, how much time it
                will take to accomplish it, how much help you can count on. That should help.

Just remember if you don't think you will have time it is better to wait and do it RIGHT!
                You only have one time to make a first impression!!!

If you open and you're not where you need to be, think of what people will say?

I didn't read your other posts, but if you are opening a haunt will verey little scenery
                just because you don't have time or money to build it, wait until you can do it right!

You could really hurt your second year if you start off with a bad reputation!! Remember
                this marketing tip, if a customer is happy he'll two to three people about it. If he has a
                BAD experience he'll tell ten or more people about it!!!!

Everyone here always tries to be supportive, but sometimes that means telling you to wait and do it right!!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We found out last year on August 13th that we could use a building for it...so we went and ordered the wood from Home Depot...they said they didn't have that amount for delivery until the 20th. We took that week to plan, layout the floorplan, get insurance, registered with the state, inspections lined up, etc. And opened beginning of October.
                  About 48 straight days around our day jobs and it was the best I can say I've ever been a part of. My business partner said the same as it was the first time we partnered up.
                  This year we are in the mall!!!
                  Kirk Boemmel
                  Dark Ghost Manor
                  www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Yes, do it! We did a 59,000 sq. ft haunt in 7 weeks! We did not have a single prop or cobwebb. I had to get 31 sets of blueprints for the building dept., Order 250,000 in props, set up emergency city council meetings as well as emergency fire marshall meetings , radio, billbards, buses, hired 150 ctors, 30 vendors, bands, Kane Hodder and much much more.

This was started on july 20th. And yes VENDORS CAME THROUGH! AMAZING!

You have to be a go getter with sleepless nights...........

Yes, numbers are correct...no typing errors....

John
                    Last edited by xtremecreator; 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X