Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on haunt buildout...

Hello everyone,

I am from Cincinnati, Ohio. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to get on the production crew for any of my local haunts. I'm not sure if this is something that is already done at this piont, but I've called every single haunt and haven't gotten through yet, assuming because we're out of season. I'd love to work at a haunt this fall, but I'd really love to start right now from the beginning and learn everything I can about something I love very much. Any advice/ suggestions? Thank you.

Get hold of Jim or Gary from OhioValleyHaunts.com. They should be able to hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

I would say keep trying. Do you have actual contact numbers for the owners/producers of the attractions or just their hotline style numbers? Sometimes it is harder to actually get ahold of the owner/producer, but that is usually who you need to talk to to get involved. One attraction I got into I actually went through first calling the hotline number with no reply, then the venue number (it was at a fairground)...and I had to call them several times before they were able to get back to me and get me in direct contact with the owner who in the end welcomed my team's help. Every haunt is different but in personal experience it is the owner/producer you need to get ahold of. You will have more chance at getting on helping a production team if they are a modular (rebuilt every year) attraction as they almost always need help just getting built in time. Established attractions tend to have a set team that you need to get your foot in the door first before you will be able to get on that team. Dont let that discourage you though, learn as much as you can then prove yourself and you will likely become a valuable member of the team.

This is what I can suggest from personal experience...I have worked and/or gotten into several attractions and these words are just from my experience over the past 19 years. Good luck!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

haunt help

Go to the Haunts leave a note on every door because you don't know which one they use. Hopefully you will find someone there and talk to them I have a first year Haunt and no one has my personal number besides the people helping already. And we have not checked the other line in a least 3 months..lol (I better go check that). Good luck

Shawn
        Twisted Woods

Comment

You always could come down to Hawaii and be part of our staff lol .
          www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spookyant View Post
            You always could come down to Hawaii and be part of our staff lol .
            This is the best idea! Haha. If I could get compensated enough for the trip there, I'd be in! lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X