Mr. Haunts Floor Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Haunts Floor Plans

For those of you who would like to see my floor plans, and has a Myspace Page. I have posted my floor plans under my pictures.

Let me know what you think, and if you want to add me as a friend, feel free to!

My floor plans will not be posted long, being that all can view!

Brian

Mr. Haunt

Was this your home haunt or is it your plans for a future haunt?(I ask if this was your home haunt because I remember you saying you were a home haunter)
    Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks

Thanks beardedbil for helping me out. My plans for the home haunt I do are in my head. I wing it each year. I only add a few things each year. They are mostly things that I have bought at stores. I have only a small yard to work with. Last year I did a cemetery, of course most of my props are cemetery props. If I do not get my pro haunt off the ground this year, it will probably be about the same for this year.

Comment

This is my plan for my pro haunt, at least for now. I am wroking with a much smaller budgit then most people have for a haunt. It might not look like much in the drawing, but I do have great ideas for props and all.

Comment

Why all the wasted space in the center?
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I think that space would be for actors, breaks, and emergency evacuation. I know all about having a tiny budget...mine is so low that I need to rely on sponsorships and/or a business loan. I think your floor plan would make a good haunt.
            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
            www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

I find it easier to try and make all my dimensions for a standard 4 ft wide wall, other wise you'll be making a bunch of 1,2 and 3 foot walls to fill in where you can't fit a 4ft. The other thing to keep in mind if your layout is tight in your building, take into consideration the thickness of the walls. It's been more than once that someone has done a layout at our haunt and we wind up 4 ft short. Not that fun repositioning 50 or more walls because the thickness of the walls accumulated across the whole floorplan.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Looking good. Keep up the good progress.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I would do something really different with that big empty space in the middle. That could be your Haunted Prairie scene with about 40 Zombie Sheep terrorizing everyone. First they hear the very realistic sounds of sheep right through the walls, then everytine they look through a window or open a door into the center part, There are all these sheep! ? Real Sheep!
                  If you took the time and made the effort to properly dress the sheep in old muddy clothes like real zombies, this would get you enough free press that you could maybe forget about spending the money to advertise.
                  Thick rubber bands could depress the sheep's tongues(around the lower jaw) so instead of "BAAH!"
                  They would make Zombie-Sheep sounds like "BBBBB"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

420 feet of walls? I can do a space like that with 56 wall panels (4x8) or 224 feet of walls with a triangular grid? It would be totally full except for a 4 foot outer edge escape route which is also the actor entry path.

You are kind of using both sides of each wall so it is the same thing for half the investment. Maybe the trick to making your design less expensive is to smash it together using like walls on both sides, no central corridor. That is something that a haunt of 6,000 SF might use, put your space off to one end for a hang out area.

So how much does this cost? 420 lineal feet at $7.50 per foot =$3150

56 panels at $30 = $1680

Save $1470, same number of rooms or more.

That's 285 hours less worked at Speedy Mart. That's 7 freekin weeks less of name tag wearing hell. (more hours to cover taxes, your results may vary.)

That's 1470 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers!

Sure now you want me to put up a picture of a design don't you. I'd love to help but, I'm using an old magic marker to write "will design triangular grid mazes for food" sign on a soiled pieces of cardboard from a dumpster right now.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Sheep

Sheep? Zombie sheep? Sounds kinda sheepish.LoL :roll: I know that there is a lot of open space. I kinda wanted space between the front and back of the haunt. It would serve as kinda a sound buffer. I know it should be used, but not sure how we could tie it in being that my story will take place in a cave. I was kinda leaning toward a lost family that came accross this cave, but when they entered, they soon relised that they are not alone. Back to the point of the big space it will serve as an open area for fire exits, I am not sure, but the lighting props that I found at frightcatalog.com runs on batterie power. They are a bit high on the price and i would need about at least 12 of them, The only power that I will need is for the ground fogger I hope to get for the cemetery and maybe a few srtobe lights. Maybe I can move the cemetery to the open space.

Comment

Okay, here's a free clue. Get a copy of Haunted Attraction Magazine Issue #43 and steal his designs in the article he uses even fewer walls than I do. Don't buy a copy or subscribe, steal a copy or get someone to magnify the eensy weensy picture of a haunt on page 38 of HAM issue #41 on a zerox machine. No that's two free clues. CRAP!

Join IAHA and get the JB Corn Materials. CRAP! That's 3 free clues.

The Issue #43 has designs with as few as 35 wall panels in the same space you are talking about.

35 panels at $30 = $1050

There I just saved you $2100

That's 4 free clues. Screw it I'm running out into traffic now.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Free clue number 5 is don't wait until 10:45 PM to run out into traffic expecting to die, they just vear out of the way. CRAP!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll try to kill myself again on the Highway after the bars close, they will be in packs traveling fast with slower reactions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Greg are you board?

Comment

Working...
                              X