Permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permits

What are the permit costs in your city for your attractions? Im just curious as to what different city's make people pay...is it based on the number of haunts in your area, or just whatever the city wants you to pay...etc

Thanks
    Kale

Unfortunately it's pretty much a moot question. It doesn't matter what my permit costs are in Las Vegas, it's how much YOUR cost are and the easiest method is to contact the city and ask. It could be as easy as a $50.00 permit ( probably not!) to hundreds of dollars (more likely). and permit fees are changing. City's are having revenue shortfalls and that means higher permit fees.

Fees here are totally different depending on if you are in Las Vegas, Clark County, North Las Vegas or Henderson, and that's just my jurisdiction!! So quoting a fee really has no relevance, sorry.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Ours permit is in the hundreds and the city also requires me to have a architectural engineer draw up blue prints and submit with permit. So I am well over $1000 total.
      http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Kale, permit costs are usually in direct relation to the project cost...For a residential home they could be a couple hundred bucks...For a new hotel, in the thousands...It just depends...But haunted houses are usually low because you can give them a relatively low project cost and theyll be none the wiser.

And yeah, some jurisdictions require a licensed design professional to sign and seal your drawings before you can submit for a permit. Thats how it is here in Jacksonville FL.

Good luck!
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

permit

$450 here and that is for a outdoor haunt.

Shawn
          Twisted Woods

Comment

Sometimes they also take into account the square footage of your attraction. And like others have stated, the drawings sometimes need to be drawn by a licensed engineer. In our city we also had to get a "Conditional Use Permit" before we could even apply for our building permit. I can't give an exact number but for us the permits/dwgs have cost us in the thousands. But it really depends on your city.

I would contact your cities Economic Development Department, they should be able to point you in the right direction of who to talk to to even get estimates, if the city will even do that.

Good Luck!!
            There's nothing wrong with you, there's something wrong with the world you live in.

www.evilusions.com

Comment

Working...
            X