Celebrity Appearances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity Appearances?

Has anyone ever hired a celebrity to appear at their haunted attraction? I think Haunted Attraction Magazine sold a book with contact info for various celebrities who appear at haunts. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Thanks.
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

I tried hiring Mr Jinx, but he was booked for a release of Kitties gone wild. Parently he made a fortune off of it. JK Nope never had but I was going to look into it. I know Terror on the Fox usually has a band signing autographs or a celeb.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

THere are a few places. You can try Scream Queen Marketing.

Otherwise sign up for the imdb.com preferred membership and such you will get star contact info and their agents.

Hope that helps.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Cool. Thanks. I was looking to get Stephen King. I'm trying to plan as much activity as possible right now. I just got back from viewing a 2-story building perfect for haunting
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

im sure stephen king would cost big $$ to get.

good luck with it though!

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

For my 2 cents, is a celeb really going to bring out any people that would not normally come out? I mean, unless you have a BIG celeb, is anyone really going to care? I am talking MAYBE they would come out to see Robert Englund, or MAYBE Shawnee Smith, the girl from the Saw movies....
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I know when Nightmare at Pinehaven Farms here in Minnesota has a couple of celebs every year. And man the lines. I never stood in any, the chareged sepperatly to get a celebs autograph. Before he had past away they had Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster) every year. They I think one year had ECTO 1 from the Gost Busters to. They have had actors that played Jason from Frifay the 13th. The girl from the Exersist. I believe that they even had a couple of stars not involving Halloween. I think they had an actriss from an Evis movie last year. Not sure who they will have lined up this year

Brian

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I think if you are open on a weekday when it may be slow, then having a celeb there to sign autographs (at no extra charge) then it would boost the turnout. Besides, where I live there are no celebs and people would come just to see one
                ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

At the Baxter Avenue Morgue, our one experience with "celebrity guests" occurred about 3 years back, when we played hosts to the rap duo Insane Clown Posse. They were doing their annual "haunted house" tour and approached us about stopping by (I'm sure some sort of money exchanged hands as well, but that's another story.) Their scheduled appearance managed to get us a brief national plug on MTV.

It was a Thursday night and they were supposed to be in attendance for four hours, hamming it up in our cemetery scene. A huge group of their fans (many dressed in full ICP make-up) showed up and it looked to be quite an interesting evening. UNTIL...

Halfway into the run, the ICP decided that they were going to LEAVE and didn't bother to tell anyone other than the girl in the merchandise tent out back who was handing out promo copies of their latest CD. To their credit, the remaining ICP fans who were still in line kept their collective cool when we announced that the "Elvi had left the building". We gave out a couple of free t-shirts, let those who were still in line in for free and with the exception of a stink bomb being set-off, the night ended without incident.

Suffice it to say, we've since limited our "guests appearances" to local Tv newsreporters and a couple of pro wrestlers from a local promotion. We've figured it'd be best to go with people who have an apppreciation for time limits...
                  "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Vanderdark
                    At the Baxter Avenue Morgue, our one experience with "celebrity guests" occurred about 3 years back, when we played hosts to the rap duo Insane Clown Posse. They were doing their annual "haunted house" tour and approached us about stopping by (I'm sure some sort of money exchanged hands as well, but that's another story.) Their scheduled appearance managed to get us a brief national plug on MTV.

It was a Thursday night and they were supposed to be in attendance for four hours, hamming it up in our cemetery scene. A huge group of their fans (many dressed in full ICP make-up) showed up and it looked to be quite an interesting evening. UNTIL...

Halfway into the run, the ICP decided that they were going to LEAVE and didn't bother to tell anyone other than the girl in the merchandise tent out back who was handing out promo copies of their latest CD. To their credit, the remaining ICP fans who were still in line kept their collective cool when we announced that the "Elvi had left the building". We gave out a couple of free t-shirts, let those who were still in line in for free and with the exception of a stink bomb being set-off, the night ended without incident.

Suffice it to say, we've since limited our "guests appearances" to local Tv newsreporters and a couple of pro wrestlers from a local promotion. We've figured it'd be best to go with people who have an apppreciation for time limits...
                    That's not the first incident I have heard of with ICP. Several years ago a haunt in our town had some major issues with them. Not good ones, either. However, all of the fans who went to see them and left when they didn't stick around ended up at our haunt...which made for an extremely busy night! Thankfully, we didn't have any issues with any of their fans, even though a lot of them were upset about their experience earlier that night.
                    www.mindseizure.com
                    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

WOW! I would NOT hire those guys for my haunt!
                      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

Working...
                      X