No announcement yet.

You design our 2011 yard.house display!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You design our 2011 yard.house display!

Hey there. I haven't been on here for months, and have been reading through lots of stuff. Halloween is only 95 days away! This year, I am wanting to do something different for my yard/house display. This year, I want the members of Haunt Forum to design what will be included in the display. We don't do a haunt/walkthrough, but just a display or the yard and house. Where I live, there is maybe only 5 houses that go "all out" with decorating. I will include some pictures of the house undecorated to give you an idea of what it's like, and I will also include some pictures of the yard decorated form 2010. I am open to ANY suggestions at all. I am also open to doing a whole new theme, as opposed to what we usually do (pics will show last years set up) If you have any ideas/suggestions for one or two things, or for the whole display, please post. There are tons of very talented/creative people on here, and I know that you will all have great ideas. Some things I would like to keep, would be the fog machines (one ground and two regular) several strobes, backlight, and we also use a projector on the upstairs window (Hallowindow) This year, I've got a budget of $600. I am looking forward to reading everyones ideas!!

Dustyn

Here is a link to pictures form 2010, as well as some pictures of those house undecorated.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6ec14e4&type=1
    Last edited by dusty588; 07-28-2011, 12:43 PM.

I can't get the link to work...
    www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

I can't either.
      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

I fixed the link, it should work alright now.

Dustyn

Comment

I've found that the best yard displays have a theme to them, some kind of unifying motif that ties everything together. With that said, I would suggest going further with your graveyard. Add cheesecloth to the front of the house to mask the fact that it's a house and turn the focus more to your yard and the walkway to the front door. Pick up some garden soil at a home improvement store and make grave mounds with tombstones at their heads. Depending on your taste, you could get some ground breakers and do a whole zombie thing, or you could trick it out with ghosts, scary animals, monsters, whatever tickles your fancy. The key for me would be doing whatever you can to tie your display together as a unified piece of art.
          www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

I was thinking, and I think I might want to do a clown/circus/carnival theme. I'm just not sure, what I could do for a fence around the yard. I want it have some kind of tie in with that theme.

Dustyn

Comment

Great job with the decorations lat year.
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Originally posted by dusty588 View Post
                I was thinking, and I think I might want to do a clown/circus/carnival theme. I'm just not sure, what I could do for a fence around the yard. I want it have some kind of tie in with that theme.

Dustyn
                An inexpensive way to put up a circus themes "fence," would be to order pennant strings. These are the triangular shaped pennants on about a 50 foor or 100 foort long string.

I have picked up 100 foot long pennant strings/banners for as little as $12 online. Drive in a few wooden stakes and stretch these between the stakes.

Just Google Pennant Flags and you will see many suppliers.

Eric

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for some of the pennant strings, but didn't know what they were called lol. How high should the posts be, for there to be enough of a drape with the pennant string? Also what should I use for the posts? I'm also looking for something to hang from the rain gutters, maybe the peanut string would work, or what else could I use?.

Comment

I've decided to go with a clown/circus/carnival theme this year. Here is the link to my new posting.

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...arnival-Circus

Dustyn

Comment

Working...
                    X