2 of the 3 finished possible flyers for '11 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 of the 3 finished possible flyers for '11 season

This is actually some ideas, I actually have a local advertising agency working on another couple of ideas, but I always enjoy seeing what other think. (And yes, I did get the artist's permission for the artwork! LOL I also have 3 artists on staff at hubby's tattoo shop)!
    Please any and all input is valuable!
    pottersfield2011sample1.jpgpottersfield2011sample2.jpg
    If you're scared, say you're scared...

Both look good but I like the one on the left more. My thoughts, from the Internet pic the wording doesn't stick out. I would increase the font size and and a glow, shadow or border to make it pop off the art. But I like them, great artwork.

If you a quote on printing send me a DM or email.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

hand down the one on the left
      Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

I agree with Joshua on all aspects.

I know I would like the second poster if there was more contrast between foreground/background/text.

Very creepy. They did a great job.
        www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

What about cut the background on the right image, replace with a dark or black fill.
          It will make the image pop. Right image could easily represent a character.

Image on left is cool. Does the image portray an actual character in the haunt??
          Only suggestion is that the "Pottersfield Asylum Presents" is lost, maybe lower or
          remove the fade-out, increase the font size. I assume Pottersfield Asylum is the reputation
          builder where IZCU Invasion 2011 is just this year's event name. Always focus on the reputation
          (unless you have a bad one!!LOL!!)

We had our attractions seperate for years so each developed a following by its name.
          When we combined them and created an event name, we still needed to focus on the
          individual names, the reputation builders, so people knew it was us. So it's
          "Chaos at the Cannery" (event name) then right underneath in a clear font,
          "featuring the ASYLUM and HOTEL FEAR".

Unless your event is always know as IZCU Invasion, people may only see that image
          and it could just be some new guy on the block. If Pottersfield is the constant,
          make sure it is always emphasised.

Nice images, minor tweaking and either would be great!
          Last edited by RJ Productions; 07-27-2011, 03:14 PM.
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Here.

I like the one on the left a lot.
            The one on the right I like the picture a lot, and I like the way it's written and what you did with it but the words are too hard to read.
            So.. maybe change the word color/font/size/glow on the right one, or just use the left one.

Comment

These look great. Love the character images. I always love seeing unique distress like on the one on the right. As most have suggested I would also suggest adjusting your type some with not only some bigger text but bold and solid colors seems to usually look the best, or even with light distressing or more subtle gradients. In my opinion in general glows are way over used unless going for a ghostly look, and it looks a lot cleaner when if a contrasting border is needed put a stroke around the type or duplicated type in black behind it slightly offset instead of a glow or shadow....you will definitely get a lot more pop out of it. Also whenever possible, try to do your text vector based (like in a program such as Adobe Illustrator) and your edges will be extra crisp.

I also invite you to check out our website for some of the highest quality and competitive pricing in the industry for your printing needs. We offer great package deals, custom finishing and specialty inks (such as Blacklight reactive) as well. (www.jakprints.com/haunt)

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Thanks for that

Thank all of you for your valuable input! I believe I will probably stick with the one on the left, as that seems to be the favored one. As far as if that is one of the characters in the haunt, no. The idea behind both of the fliers is actually to capture the "IZCU (Infectious Zombie Containment Unit). Without going into the back story which all of us know too well here, stereo typically the mad scientist experimenting on people turning them into zombies, military tried to come in and get a handle on the situation and lost. Long story short. But we are actually "Pottersfield Asylum" and IZCU Invasion is actually the theme for this year. But again, I will definitely take the advice given here and put it to great use! Thank all of you again!
                If you're scared, say you're scared...

Comment

Working...
                X