Sorry 1313FX :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry 1313FX :(

Well guys , I hate to give a negative review , but having just received my latest mask I feel I must to help people avoid headaches and disappointment. 1313FX sells a line of silicone foam half masks. I was worried when I got the box in the mail and it was incredibly light. I asked for a custom "mummy" paint job on their "Dee Composed" mask. Which they sorta did , I actually like the look of the mask itself , but it's the materials it's constructed of and it's performance ( or lack thereof) that's the downside. The most interesting thing is the "silicone foam" , it's definitely silicone based because it's a little more resilient than foam latex, but probably not by much. The paint job is so-so , not very detailed , but it was what I asked for as far as not being the typical bloody zombie mask. 1313fx sells their half masks with either straps or a hood , in this video the hood appears to be made of lycra : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=841zghtRF0Y , but for the one I received it's constructed out of some very thin poly packing material mesh that does not hold the mask very tight to the face. Even if you had straps I do not think you could get much movement out of this type of mask ( see video) . The whole mask seems a bit rushed , not very well attached to the hood, and considering It took about a month and a half from placing order to receiving mask It's not what it could have been. I bear them no ill will , but for the price ($99 plus shipping ) I expect a much better product. If you want a cheap mask for your haunt just buy the foam latex ones they sell for $20 , you get no real added value for the silicone foam for $99. I knew this was sort of an experiment going in so I'm not going to bother asking for a replacement or partial refund. ( I've gone through too much hassle lately with other commissioned projects that weren't up to par or never received and don't need the stress :P )

So for 1313fx I'd have to say just stick with the foam latex , or drop the price on the silicone foam , there is very little difference. 1313fx.jpg

Awwwhhh that's too bad. They had some unique pieces that looked super cool.
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

I would contact them about it. I know you say that you have been burned i n th epast on custom stuff, but not by them. Give them a chance to make it right- It could be a one time fluke or a bad silicone batch (It happens). Express your concerns and see what they do.
      Dont measure a company by if they screw up or not- Everyone screws up sometime) measure them by how they deal with it when it is brought to their attention.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I agree with Allen on this. I've had a screw up before from a company. I called them and informed them about it, and it was taken care of. I got a replacement piece and a partial refund for the hassle. I'm now a good customer to that company due to that experience.

I was able to sit down with Tom for a few hours at TW, and he's a pretty stand up guy. I would bet my money that he's willing to help make this right if you contacted him. I'd say you could easily get something done about this issue, as long as you tried to.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

You got to let him know. I doubt Tom QA'S every mask that gets made before it goes out, so you may help him stop an issue with a product, an artist, or the design before it gets bigger.
          Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

Tom and his crew are great to work with, I have had dealings with him for three years now. I would certainly get aholf of them and let them know your concerns!
            Ed Roberts
            Founder
            The Nightmare Factory
            www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
            www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

this is terrible.................

incredible dissapointment to ANOTHER, paid in full for a product haunter, whose dreams are now shattered. when is this shit gonna stop ???????

Comment

Working...
              X