FEARFEST on Travel Channel Reality TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEARFEST on Travel Channel Reality TV show

FearFest Haunted Attraction is going to be on Truck stop Missouri. A reality TV show premiering Aug. 3rd at 9PM Central time on the Travel Channel. Our Zombie Safari Paintball hayride Attraction will be featured on one of the episodes with possibilities of more episodes.
    They had a great time filming and are planning on coming back in Sept., Oct. if the reviews are favorable on the show.
    I dont know if we will be on the first episode but there is a you tube trailer that shows a little bit of our attraction on it to start with.
    Look for Truck stop Missouri trailer on you tube in case I cant get it to link .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOo16_yTxFc

Tune in the show looks uh...... interesting! lol

Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

I remember that truck stop they show...we stopped there on the way to the haunt on the Transworld tour last year. That place was something else...we almost wanted to get a tattoo because no one would believe we seen a tattoo shop in the upstairs of a gas station, but better judgement kicked in and we opted out. There was some kind of crazy party going on up there or what looked from the outside like it might have been a club of some sort.

Congrats on getting on the show!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

It is great to see haunts get national exposure. Congrats!
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

party!

Mike there was a party goin on up there. They have a Country Bar up there. lol Thats why the producers chose Midway Truck stop. Because of all the different businesses there.
        The list of businesses I can think of on the property....

Fearfest Haunted Attractions
        Convenience store/ Gas station
        Larrys Boots
        Budget Inn
        24HR Truck repair shop
        Spirit of 76 Fireworks headquarters and sales
        Daycare center
        Antique /flea market
        Expo Center
        Trailer sales
        Tattoo Parlor
        Back Door Lounge
        I think I got them all..... nope. They have an equestrian center for horse shows and rodeos also. OK thats it.

On a side note we are offering the Zombie Safari Hayride Attractions for sale so if you are looking for a truly interactive haunt and have a corn maze or Haunted Hayride and looking for that extra excitement for your guests PM me and we can talk.
        Theres a great Haunt out in California that has already purchased and received their Zombie Safari Trailers and cant wait for this year to chootem in the head!
        Good luck guys and have a great year!

Greg
        Fearfest
        Greg Allen
        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Larry sells boots there? LOL j/k

Yeah they even had an entire aisle of "adult novelties and magazines" when we went there...quite the place ha ha! Im sure that place being there alone brings you in some piggy back business being so close by. I know if I stopped off at a huge truckstop and seen a Haunted attraction just down the road I would likely stop by.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

It said from the producers of Pawn Stars and I watch that show religiously, so if it's any bit as entertaining then this show will catch on! Congrats!!
            O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

So how is Fear Fest part of Midway Truck Stop? They own the property you guys rent or what? When I saw this preview I had a feeling you guys would be on here in some way or other? They used to have a comic book store and like a baseball card shop as one too. Dont know if they still do? And I think a barber shop? And I know they had a flea market and some kind of auction at one time. Ive ate there many times. They got good food! I am gonna watch this, I think it will be interesting. Also been to the Backdoor lounge a few times. LOL! And no its not a gay bar even though it might sound like it lol!
              Damon
              Frightmasters
              Last edited by damon carson; 07-29-2011, 11:50 AM.
              Damon Carson

Comment

I can't wait to see the show Greg! I know Mom is going to be very proud too!!!

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Thank you for all the kind words guys we appreciate it and look forward to the show. You can imagine they will try to Hoosier the show up but with the success of Swamp people and shows of that nature I expect them to. Its entertainment.
                  Damon, you asked why we were on it? We are part of the Midway family of businesses and Joe B. the owner of the Truck stop admires us for our hard work and is amazed at what we have built in such a short time. He recommended us to the producers who contacted us and set up the filming.
                  We were as surprised as anyone about the request to be on the show.
                  As far as the sports card/ model business Big John died several years ago from health complications.
                  He was a great guy and one of our sponsors and he will be missed dearly.
                  The barber shop was converted into a Tattoo parlor.
                  Things constantly change on the 600 acre complex and we are glad to be a part of it and plan on staying at our location for years to come.
                  Its a great location for our Haunted House and we love the customers that come to Fearfest.
                  Kel, if they come back your gonna have to bring Mom up so she can shoot some zombies on TV.
                  Tell her I said Hi.

Greg
                  Fearfest
                  Greg Allen
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Looks like a fun show. Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Have fun....

Sounds cool if we miss it post a link! Shane and it's lights, camera, action! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind words. The show premiers tonight at 9 pm Travel channel!

Greg
                        Fearfest
                        Greg Allen
                        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Well I watched the first two episodes. I want to like this show but some of it looks staged. I mean the two hillbilly guys one selling dresses and another one fishing in a lagoon? This may be Missouri but it looks like the producers are trying to throw this into the show for some comedy relief. You dont see anyone around this area that look like this. And if you have I sure the hell havent! Not even in the ozarks! If any other episodes are not any better than this I dont see this show lasting. It just doesnt have the chemistry of say Pawn Stars or even Storage Wars to be a very long aired reality show in my opinion. I want to see the episode on their fireworks store. I guess they make there own line of fireworks called Spirit of 76. I learned this helping some friends with a large firework tent this year. Supposedly they pack quite a punch. I will be watching next week hoping the show improves.
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Damon, believe it or not the guy with the hillbilly hat DOES wear that. lol And he ties his horse up every day to eat dinner at the truck stop. He is usually up there all day on Saturday. I guess he just hangs out there.
                            I do think it is a bit odd seeing a horse and buggy going down Hwy 40 in front of the Haunted house but I dont even pay any attention to it any more.
                            There are some strange people out there like the guy who walks his dog NONSTOP for HOURS every night and day. Or the guy who rides his bike complete with a trailer in tow to pick up aluminum cans at the hotel and around the truck stop. then rides back down the road every day!
                            The show may seem staged and I think your right for the most part but alot of the things you will see on the show are real! lol
                            As far as our episode, we dont do the editing so I am as curious as anyone to see what is in store for us. lol
                            I have to say it was entertaining and we did enjoy it. We will wait and see what happens.....

Greg
                            Fearfest
                            Greg Allen
                            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Well that guy must of bought that at Ozark land! LOL! I know ive seen that exact same hat there. Im sure they get all types that come in there. Its still early i havent gave up on it yet. Some of it wasnt bad. I still think its cool being so close. Wanting to see your haunt in it. Maybe they are saving that for there big Halloween special? Im sure you will be on it sometime soon. Thing is if they have 12 businesses and it took two 30 minute episodes they werent even able to show half I dont think. It may take a while?
                              Damon
                              Frightmasters
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X