• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deranged again...

my latest, thought Id share.

www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Oh my Soul!! I would wet myself if that face came near me!

Comment

There is a "Mental" thing going on here.

We are all automatically impressed by a perfect looking rendering of a classic monster or creature, we stand in awe, simply awe unless we are a small child...then there is the scary, criminal deranged neighbor down the block that has the pure talent to upset us with what their vision (and maybe lack of normal common materials to work with?) that affects us in a deeper, actual way, forget "Awe", This Upsets Me!" sort of feeling, no thinking, no comparing, just a gut reaction which is harder to accomplish than most want to admit (in the haunt business).
      Then there can be the parrallel feeling that scares us because this person really thinks THIS is what a mask should look like?
      Well, then now we KNOW they are NUTS! and we are then cautious around them, walk more quickly passed their property, looking over the shoulder, a bit jumpy if a sudden small sound happens as we walk...
      On a very personal level , it qualifies similairly to my experience once as I competed in a costume contest seeing a man wearing a Chicago CUBS baseball shirt shirt, a big buckled belt that said "ELVIS", as he proudly strutter the stage wearing a George Jettson mask cut out from the back of a cereal box!
      He was a dead-serious competitor proclaiming he was supposed to be "Elvis!"
      You don't want to turn your back on this guy. (He's totally lost it by common standards.)
      Really nice effect-mask, Allan!
      IT sort of gets back to the basics of plain old wierd fear generation...
      Congratulations!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Another impressive addition to an already amazing series. I love the attention to detail and that even though all of the masks a different, it obvious that they belong together.

BTW, I've been using your plastic & varnish corpsing technique to great success. It's so easy and creates a killer look.
        www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Jim, you are dead on with your comments!! It does give you that feel there is an unstable person behind that mask, which adds to the creepiness!

Comment

Again, an excellent job! The more I look at them, the more I realize how much time and effort you must have put into them. Keep this line going, it is awesome!

Comment

Another creative / original masterpiece.
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Once Upon A Time..

A local man created a very simple mask that horrified a local neighbor woman. It Was simple. A piece of black material cut in a square, with two eye holes, a string from the edges went around the back of his head to hold it on.
                She was taking down her laundry from her clothesline. As one piece was removed, there he was looking right at her from a few feet away!
                It was daytime. Even with the startle-factor she recognised him because the mask was The only thing he decided he would be wearing that day!
                Not many old men in town that incredibly skinny and lilly-white.
                He went "By-By" soon afterwards.
                Yes, it's a small town. No, I am not related to him at all.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Awesome job Allen!
                  District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
                  http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

Allen this is simply amazing! I can't decide which one I like the best and I keep thinking of the movie Husk with all of the scarecrows that had to hand sew their own masks and how incredibly awesome these would be in a corn maze. Absolute awesomeness!!!!
                    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Thanks for the mask love guys! Glad you like them.
                      Here is a peek at the last two that sold. Each new mask seems to be my favorite.

Comment

Do these masks have a strap, or how do the fit tight on the face?
                        Joshua
                        www.hauntedprints.com
                        info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Every deranged mask has 6 to 8 grommets in the back and laces up in the back. Next time I will take a pic of that, but it looks alot like shoelacing. A slide with a spring holds the lacing tight.
                          Allen H

Comment

I want one

Did you get my email Allen?

Shawn
                            Twisted Woods

Comment

You had me at hello!
                              Damon
                              Frightmasters