X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Dunn WINS DISNEY DREAM JOB...

REPOSTED:

Hey Everyone,

Tim Dunn just won the Disney dream job! He won out over hundreds of other people trying to win being a butler at the haunted mansion.

FIVE other people won along with him, but as far as we know Tim was the only haunted house owner who won. Hauntworld.com backed TIM all the way as he's a Hauntworld Magazine subscriber and supporter of our featured haunt listings.

He apparently will be flown out along with his family, get some goddie bags, a tailer made costume and much more. Tim has said he will be wearing a Hauntworld T-Shirt and take some photos for us.

This turned into sorta a friendly competition to help each person win and we WISH both haunters could have won. Had I known that up to five people could have won we should have all supported both guys. I wish I had known!!!

But we're happy that the haunter who did win WILL BE WEARING a Hauntworld.com t-shirt and taking photos holding up our magazine!!!

YAHOOOOOOO!!!! I hope to see lots of pics from Tim, and hope to hear about the whole adventure when he gets back!

Brandon, lives about 30 minutes from me, and I've invited him up to our haunted house and I've asked him to do a story on Disney for us. I'm really sorry that Brandon didn't win as well!!!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Congratulations to TIm. It'll be a great experience to become a part of Disney. When I worked at WDW for a while it was a blast. You will enjoy it.

Sorry to hear of the loss Brandon, we were pushing for you too since weeks before the competition started my good friend. Maybe next time. I know alot of people in the industry love you my brother.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Dream Job

Hey everyone,

Tim Dunne here and I just wanted to say thanks for all the support from everyBODY. I am very proud/humble to have won this Dream Job.

I wish Brandon won too he is a good guy and also a huge mansion fan.

I had talked with Brandon for many years over the net and finally got the chance to meet him at Transworld this year.

Thanks again everyone and I will be sure to post a report on how the dream job day goes.

Tim Dunne

Comment

Way to go Tim! Make sure you post your experience on Hauntworld for all of us to read!

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Wow, Larry cracks a joke and everyone jumps on him. I took what he said as a joke, its almost like people are waiting for him to say any little thing so they can jump on him.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks again for all the support and votes Larry and everyBODY here at Hauntworld I couldn't have won with out all your help.

Tim (I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND) Dunne :lol:

Comment

MindTumor,

Yes it was a joke, but in no way am I trying to offend anyone. So what I did was repost the post... I got the news and I just made a little, quick post and made a joke at the bottom with a big LOL.

I think to some who backed the other guy took it as sour grapes on their part. Ghoulish Tim, can act like he didn't make this into a competition but he clearly did... he called RFR, he got HAM and his own website backing his friend with banners and posts and messages in blogs and everything else.

Whenever you enter to win, you're entering a competition, and Ghoulish Tim clearly wanted his friend to win. I was not asked to support Tim's friend ever, he only asked HAM and RFR. I was asked if I'd do the same for a fellow magazine subscriber and featured haunt supporter. And why wouldn't I back someone who supports our websites?

When you see posts from the sites saying vote for this guy, yeah its a friendly comeptition between different people to help one person or another win. Its no big deal!!!

I do admit I didn't know that you could have up to five winners, I wish I had known, I wish both could have won. There is NO doubt in my mind that Tims friend is truely a HUGE haunted mansion fan! I'm sorry he couldn't win, but maybe in the future, Tim for example doesn't need to go out and recruit other sites to back his friend. Lets support all haunters next time, especially if five people can win.

As far as anything I was trying to say, was just a simple joke, sports trash talk, nothing more. I didn't mean for anyone to think I was trying to rub it in... I really do wish that both could have won!

I erased all the posts about my original post because if I did offend anyone I wanted to change it and start over... To be honest I made the post as I was going to bed, I didn't even really think it through. I don't think I did anything wrong, but if someone thinks I did oh well I'll change it. If Tim has another reply let him make it. But lets not candy coat the truth... it was a compeition and there will always be people who win and lose. A huge effort was made to support Tim's friend and now that I know both could have won, I really wish TIm has asked me to support his friend as well but he never did that.

When you only ask other haunted websites to support one guy you could percieve that as a competition! Oh well... now I wish I had known I would love loved for another fellow haunter to make the cut I really do!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I took it as a joke, I thought other people overreacted. Anyway its a good deal for the guy who won. I guess I didn't realize there were two people on here trying to win the contest.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Yeah, you had one group saying vote for this guy and another group saying vote for that guy...

Its no big deal... I saw it like winning at Laser Tag, when you win you do some trash talk! I said it in a way that I thought would be taken as a joke!

Maybe they don't know LOL means laugh out loud!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Maybe I didn't get the gist of the post like everyone else did and I did mention maybe I was off on this and asked for others opinions, but I certainly am not an idiot.

After all I do know how to post pictures in Message Forums. LOL!
                    Steve Martini
                    Screamline Studios
                    www.screamlinestudios.com
                    steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Congrats Tim!

I love the mansion (only been to WDW's) but it is kinda an obsession (as is haunting/halloween)!!!
                      I also knew Larry was just joking! A little friendly competition never hurt anyone!

Kirk :twisted:
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Steve,

Wow that was a cheap shot... are you calling me an idiot because I don't know how to post pictures? LOL (SEE THE LOL)

Yes I admit I'm an idiot... I run the forum and don't know how to post pictures I admit it!

I'm an idiot!

Now see if I didn't know you were joking in the NEW PC AMERICA I'd have to go postal on you! LOL.

One of these days someone will have to walk me through, step by step how to post images on this forum! LOL

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I am certainly not calling you an idiot for that. I was only mentioning that I am no idiot for my interpertation of your post and I surely know what LOL means.

Of course this is all tongue in cheek and all for laughs. I'm not here to point fingers or name call. I have other forums for that.

Seriously - it's all good in the neighborhood - I guess I just wasn't aware of the big behind the scenes competition that was going on.

By the way: All you have to do to post images is select IMG from orange boxes then copy and paste the location you hosted the photo at <example: http;//www.hauntworld/whatever/image.jpg> and then select IMG again.

Piece out! :twisted:
                          Steve Martini
                          Screamline Studios
                          www.screamlinestudios.com
                          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted Brandon, and turns out he lives about 30 minutes from my haunted house. Brandon told me after he read my explantion that he too understood I was just joking around.

Either way I removed my original post because I realized that this was truely Brandons dream, and in no way did I want to hurt his feelings. I never intended to hurt his feelings, and I have told him I was sorry if I had. He's all cool with it.

Brandon told me he actually wants a tour of the mansion, and I've promised him on his next visit to Disney that I would try my best to see if I can get him in there as a reporter of HauntWorld Magazine.

I would love a story about the mansion, coming from a guy like Brandon who knows everything about the place foward and backward!

I really wish now that I had known FIVE PEOPLE not just ONE could win the contest... I wish someone had told me. Oh well... Brandon is one cool cat, and I hope he and I can build a long lasting friendship into the future.

His real dream is to work at Disney someday working on dark rides and stuff... we just happen to be building one soon and I've inviting him out to help us on our next project.

Again if anyone thought I was being cheap I apologize it was NOT my intention!

Okay...

Take care.
                            Larry

FYI: Brandon is now a member of the forum so I expect to be hearing from him soon!
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

FYI: Brandon is now a member of the forum so I expect to be hearing from him soon!
                              Oh, I am sure you would love that... wouldn't you Larry...

I must admit at first when I read the post, I did take it pretty hard. What can I say? Larry lives about 30 minutes from here and I am sure I could have easily driven to his house, rang the doorbell and when he answered, suckerpunched him...

But, he did edit his post after he realized that it came off a bit brash, and he even called me last night to apologize for doing so. So I really can't hold a grudge against someone who was man enough to do so.

So lets get to something more important. Larry and I talked about this at great length last night on the phone. Its a problem that has been in the Haunt industry for years. I know a lot of people are afraid to even bring it up, but... I just have to...

If there was a fight between Batman and Spiderman, who would win?

GRD999 - Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X