Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAX paint question

Couple quick questions about pax paint.

Is it airbrush safe if i water it down? and also is it skin safe? will rubbing alcohol take it off, or will i have to use super solv?

Yes, yes, and no- you need supersolv.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I wouldn't use PAX on skin unless you have no other choice, and there are other choices. It is hard to get off no matter what you use, and depending on what paints you mix it with could be unhealthy for an actor to wear. If you are going to make it for skin application use cosmetic grade pigments or buy the PAX pre-made that is indented for make-up use.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

PAX - as long as you are mixing the ProsAide with liquid makeups, you are safe. It is hard to get off especially without remover...but that in its own right is why many people use it. I know several touring musicians that use makeup in their act, and have not found anything to hold up to the stage lights and sweat like PAX does. You can run it through airbrush, but make sure to clean it thoroughly with some remover or isopropyl myristate. Super Solv as Allen suggested is also a great one.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

The reason i was wondering is by next saturday i have to have some airbrush makeup that will last about 8 hours and will have to endure a loooot of sweating for a photo shoot outside. I already have the pigments and pros aide so it would save me a lot of money. Is there any airbrush makeup that isn't $22 a bottle?

Comment

Do you know the milk of magnesia trick? and no, Commercial AB make up is expensive I know of some thats $16 a bottle but I dont like it much.
            For Clarity for Lurker and I- when you say PAX you are talking about the original formula by Dick Smith. Liquitex paint (Acrylic paint)- Prosaide- Water. When I say safe for make up on skin that is the specific formula Im refering to. Yes, its hard to get off your skin (Its made from an adhesive) but it does stay on and work great.
            YEars ago I had a film project where I had to be blue. I kept sweating the make up off son we ended up using india ink on my face, It stayed on for a few hours and still sweated right off.
            Allen H

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              Do you know the milk of magnesia trick? and no, Commercial AB make up is expensive I know of some thats $16 a bottle but I dont like it much.
              For Clarity for Lurker and I- when you say PAX you are talking about the original formula by Dick Smith. Liquitex paint (Acrylic paint)- Prosaide- Water. When I say safe for make up on skin that is the specific formula Im refering to. Yes, its hard to get off your skin (Its made from an adhesive) but it does stay on and work great.
              YEars ago I had a film project where I had to be blue. I kept sweating the make up off son we ended up using india ink on my face, It stayed on for a few hours and still sweated right off.
              Allen H
              Do not know that trick what is it?

BTW you are the man! your youtube videos have taught me a lot

Comment

Wash and clean your face, let dry, then apply milk of magnesia to your face with a cotton ball. Let that dry then apply make up as normal. The MOM will keep your face from sweating.
                Allen H

Comment

That is interesting...haven't heard or tried that one. I tried different things like No-Sweat...and none of those work with a lick....especially for someone like me that thinks too hard and starts sweating...lol. It doesnt affect the adhesion of the makeup (such as regular greasepaints and latex? or is this only for using with PAX?

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                  -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

No it works with all make up. No sweat uses alum to block your pores, MOM uses magnesium- it does a better job. Works wonders for my cast.
                    Allen H

Comment

Working...
                    X