Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nations 3rd largest Theme park chain attendance up...maybe some good news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nations 3rd largest Theme park chain attendance up...maybe some good news.

Cedar Fair which runs a couple theme parks said attendance this last July was up 5% compared to last year. "People are spending more this summer". So while factory output and investment has been on downtrend....Joe Sixpack may open his wallet for entertainment a little more this year. They run amusement parks in Ohio and Michigan....sections of country that were all doom and gloom in news coverage.

Wicked Farmer

Don't forget about the South! Carowinds is now a Cedar Fair endeavour as well!! I must admit the only reason I ever really went was during the fall when they transformed the park to SCarowinds. I can say I have religiously gone to SCarowinds for the past 5 years but as for the amusement park aspect, the last time I went was 2008 for my senior class trip up until this summer. Don't get me wrong, amusement parks are at the top of my list, but never really felt the need seeing as they don't change all too often.
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

What moron started this thread today....the DOW dropped 500 points

This Wicked Farmer guy must have his head stuck in the sand...or somewhere darker. The fool posted "good news' on the morning just before DOw fell 500 points and erased 2011 gains on the Dow. What a moron!

Comment

I did see the market report today...they actually broke into regular tv to report it..i think the haunt industry though is still safer in that there are not as many things to do in the fall in most areas, and even in economic downturn people still have the desire to be entertained. They may only come once instead of twice, but I think if entertainment overall stays up haunts will continue to stay up in attendance.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Actually, investors are pulling there stocks to get ready for the Halloween season. They want to make sure they have the funds to have a good scare. Don't worry, it's normal and happens every year at this time.
          After all, the president celebrated his 50th today and was full of smiles.....
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Originally posted by jakprintsHAUNT View Post
            i think the haunt industry though is still safer in that there are not as many things to do in the fall in most areas, and even in economic downturn people still have the desire to be entertained.
            Mike "Pogo" Hach
            yep, I agree.....
            It's a safe haven from the every day crappy news.....
            Tom
            Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

I agree as well

I think this year will be ok as far as attendance. What I think about 15 years from now...well we will just let that go.
              Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
                What I think about 15 years from now...
                Wicked Farmer
                And to me, that's something not worth worrying about. That's the problem with lots of folks IMO.
                15 years is way too long to think about. Why? Because the world changes and makes adjustments and so do haunt owners. Your focus should be for this year only and as this year unfolds during the haunt season, start thinking about the next year and ways to adjust and plans to make changes for the next year.
                You will get ulsers and heart conditions thinking that far out. Nobody can predict the future BUT you can change with it.
                Attitude Governs Excellence!!!
                Tom
                Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  And to me, that's something not worth worrying about. That's the problem with lots of folks IMO.
                  15 years is way too long to think about. Why? Because the world changes and makes adjustments and so do haunt owners. Your focus should be for this year only and as this year unfolds during the haunt season, start thinking about the next year and ways to adjust and plans to make changes for the next year.
                  You will get ulsers and heart conditions thinking that far out. Nobody can predict the future BUT you can change with it.
                  Attitude Governs Excellence!!!

Very valid points. And if I didn't believe you to a point I would not have made the original post starting this thread. I think we will do fine this year...hence the posting about theme parks doing better this summer. Let people know that tidbit and adjust to it. But laws of economics are on the horizion out there somewhere. So I am not looking at buying a kick butt location and invest a lot in real estate. I had the stones to buy farmland right out of high school in 1984 when AG was in toilet and Willie Nelson was putting on those stupid Farm Aid concerts. But I must be getting old...as GOOD as farming is right now I do not have the stones anymore to buy farmland at current market conditions, and world economic conditions.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

our busload to Cedar Point must have helped

We took nearly the entire crew to Cedar Point the middle of May and had a great time. The crew loved going inthe luxury bus, riding rides all day, eating and drinking to their bellies content, and then missing a tornado on the ride home. hehe, just a little old fashioned real fear for the crew.
                    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Cedar Fair actually owns parks not only in Michigan, Ohio and North Carolina, but also in Missouri, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Virginia, California (three parks there, including Knotts Berry Farm!) and Ontario, Canada!

Comment

GOOD. I hate 6 flags and all they stand for...........

RIPOFFS !!!! and pay their help like SLAVES. (jackson, new jersey location) CEDAR FAIR, continued success !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
                          RIPOFFS !!!! and pay their help like SLAVES. (jackson, new jersey location) CEDAR FAIR, continued success !!!!!!
                          Yep, six flags sucks! At least based on what my friends have said about their employment at Cedar Point, it's a pretty cool place to work!

Comment

I hear Cedar Point is more of a "FAMILY" atmosphere as far as the employment goes...

We have dorney park around here. Even though KNOEBEL'S amusement resort (elysburg, pa) - near bloomsburg, pa.-- is my all time favorite in every way, DORNEY PARK is still affordable and a nice park with a great water park and (it seems) new rides EVERY year. I would NEVER, EVER go to a 6 FLAGS property again no matter what was there and what they were doing. I hope they go bankrupt AGAIN.......

Comment

Working...
                            X