• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're about 40 minutes from downtown (dahn-tahn) Pittsburgh
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

It would not have been my first choice because MHC did a tour there a couple season ago ... I know they did Kennywood, and a bunch of other haunts.

I would have picked Boston or the New York area or even Buffalo tons of haunts there plus Niagara Falls.

I'm sure he'll go to Kennywood to see Ghost Wood Estates.

We'll have to see how this works.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Jason's Woods, Eastern State Penn, and most of the others mentioned are all Philly area haunts, at least 5 hour drive from Pitt one way so I doubt do-able for a bus trip.

Since NHC is the same weekend, I'll probably be attending there because it's closer to me. Doesn't sound like there's too many in the Pitt area for tours. That's a bummer.
        Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Sounds like ScareHouse and Hundred Acres Manor are the two biggies for the Pitt area.
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

I live about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh...might have to make it to my first HauntCon.
            I attend MHC each year.
            I know of Scarehouse, Hundred Acre Manor, Demon House, and Castle Blood. I think there are a couple more on our side of the state but I can't remember offhand. I haven't seen any of these, as I'm always working/building/running our haunt during their times of operation...LOL!
            Kirk Boemmel
            Dark Ghost Manor
            www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear it's in Pennsylvania. We might just have to take our crew to the first HauntCon. Will wait for updates on the haunt tour.

Comment

I think there will be a lot to tour here... again my only concern is MHC did a tour in this area what a year ago. I'm sure they will hit Ghostwood Estates at Kennywood, 100 Acres Manor, I wouldn't be surprised if Gravely doesn't open Castle Blood he's in that neck of the woods. I'm sure there will be lots to tour. In case you don't know ... Batman Rises is filming in Pittsburgh right now. This is the main location for the new Batman movie among other films as well. Its a really interesting city to say the least, I like it there.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

When will you move transworld outside if your home town of saint lowie? If you do, what would be your first choice?
                  Joshua
                  www.hauntedprints.com
                  info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

kennywood amusement park not too far..........

jason's woods is a 4 hour ride from there.(pittsburgh) jason's woods is near millersville university.

Comment

Castle Blood

Not sure that will happen as Ricky Dick is on Board of Directors for NHC.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
                        When will you move transworld outside if your home town of saint lowie? If you do, what would be your first choice?

Transworld (Halloween Costume and Party Show/Halloween and Attractions Show) is put on by Transworld Exhibits...not Larry, hence the name of the show... It is not a traveling show like Hauntcon. With attendance growing likely wont see it going anywhere for some time, unless they offer a second show like they used to with Vegas again.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I'm really hoping to see Scarehouse open for the show.
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

good to hear

I am glad to see hauntcon somewhere within driving distance for us. Every year we do an east coast road trip to visit haunts that are open during the week or sundays when we're not. 2 years ago we went to scarehouse in Pittsburgh (about 5 hours from us) then came back to the Bates Motel the next night. All the eastern haunts are within reach.
                            Patrick Barberry
                            www.legendsofthefog.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X