Queue line size and locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queue line size and locations

We're a medium sized haunt (at least for this area) that turns about 300 people on a slow night and upwards of 1,000+ on a busy night. We're located in Michigan where the weather can be wet and cold on any given night (as well as hot and muggy).

My question is, do you find it better to queue your people all inside where they are not visible from the parking lot, road, etc. or do you prefer to have a line of some length visible outside?

We are splitting our haunt into 2 this year, each with its own queue line and a separate ticket line. Therefore, we'll be using a "lobby" format with 3 queue lines - tickets and the 2 haunts. Space is not horribly limited, but we do have some obstacles to work around.

Thoughts???
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Personal Opinion

My personal opinion.....just the way I think....is that if you have plenty of parking space that you want the customer to see cars in the parking lot and know that there are people there, however long lines visible can discourage people. If you're near other haunted houses and they can see the long line from the road, they may just skip over yours because they don't want to wait. However if they drive by and nobody is there at all....they may keep going as well. I have pulled up to other houses before and been the only car in the parking lot and all of the actors go running back inside......we didn't stay. I guess its just all up to personal preference, but if you can get them through quick like a group of 8 every 2 minutes or so that would make for 240 an hour which should make for small lines if you get them through fast enough.

Comment

I'm a big fan of crowds and lines. You can have dancing skeletons on the sidewalk, great signage, crazy lighting on the outside of your haunt, - and people will still drive by oblivious. But a good line and some crowds gets people rubbernecking and far more stop. We are still fairly small with a smallish advertising budget, so drive by's are the best way we have of capturing the people that we didn't hit with the marketing.

I should qualify that while I like lines, I do not like waiting. Unless we are absolutely slammed, we can swallow people pretty fast. On slow nights, we take a little longer on purpose, which keeps a 5 - 10 minute line going. It's enough time to let some atmosphere sink in, let the queue entertainment work on them, hear the panting screaming laughing folks that just went in walk by... more expectation, more excitement. After 30 minutes, that excitement is pretty much gone.

-RJ
      ScareCo
      Tarpon Springs, Fl

Comment

Working...
      X