Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medicine Man Box Up For Auction - History Channel Filming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicine Man Box Up For Auction - History Channel Filming!

Hey everyone!

I am not sure if you have seen or heard of the show SOLD! on the History Channel but it is a new show about Bryant Auction down at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. My aunt is actually the executive producer of this show. She contacted me recently, referring to me as her "spook go-to" wondering if I knew anyone who would be interested in a certain item they will be auctioning on August 11 (THIS Thursday) at 5pm at Bryant Auction at the Lake of the Ozarks. Information on this item is below and I know I have seen scenes in several haunts that this would fit in. The possible history behind it is also interesting. Let me know if you are interested and if you will be there! Also, feel free to pass this on! I just need to get a list of names back to her so make sure you send me the names. Even if you are not interested in the item, this auction has its own show for a reason! It's always a good time.

Thanks! I hope your pre-season is going well!
    Lauren

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hey Lauren!

Thanks so much for helping out with this item. It is really unique and I think pretty cool. It deserves to be with someone who would really appreciate having it either in their home or to put it to good use as a prop and such.

I have attached some photos for you to take a look at. The seller said that his grandmother bought it in Arizona and it is supposed to have come from the indigenous Tarahumara Tribe in Northern Mexico. I am having some trouble verifying that but one expert that I talked to said that while not indigenous, "urban areas in Mexico have developed "shaman and curanderos" who include all sorts of mystical symbols and practices in their repertoire of curing techniques. I note elements of Buddhist and Indian (from India), perhaps even Mayan elements in the figurines."

So it definitely is something and probably is from Mexico but we are still investigating. I have sent pictures to the Smithsonian to take a look at as well.

The auction will be on August 11th at Bryant Auctions in Osage Beach. I believe it will start around 5:00pm. If you know of anyone that would like to come just let me know their names and info so I can put them on our list. We only ask that people do not call the auction house themselves. You should come!

Thanks again and let me know what you think.

Tarahumara box 2.jpgTarahumara box.jpg
    sigpic
Working...
X