New tutorial posted! LED lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tutorial posted! LED lights!

Here is my latest tutorial, Its one of my better ones, these LEDs have made me alot of friends locally LOLhttp://www.hauntersdigest.com/2011/0...han-1-per-led/
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

I'm on the East Coast, so I'm the first to say WOW!!! Thank you Allen! Terrific Tutorial!

Comment

i love it Allen ...... You just saved many people lots of $$$$$ on buying led’s ( I know u saved us 200 dollars because I was going to order some lights this weekend and now ill just make my own!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        Here is my latest tutorial, Its one of my better ones, these LEDs have made me alot of friends locally LOLhttp://www.hauntersdigest.com/2011/0...han-1-per-led/
        Hey Allen,

Excellent video and I think it's great for the industry. Haunts need to be lit using low voltage systems for safety reasons. Even though we are LED spotlight vendors, we started lighting our haunt using similar techniques (heat-shrink and paperclip) a few years ago.

- Quan
        sigpic
        The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Oh, I see you have your own little forum down here.

I watched it too. Very nice. Completely understandable.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Great tutorial!! I'm thinking we might have to try this at my mini home haunt for my son's birthday party and Halloween night too. Thanks so much for the tutorial!!!

Ya know, I'm STILL waiting to see you MacGyver up some rats outta laundry lint. This sounds like so cool!!!! Come on....give us the rats next week, LOL!!!
            Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Yup, I'm building some! Thanks Allen!

Comment

Just ordered my LEDs and power supplies!

Comment

Power supply resource

I have built all of my LEDs this way. Thanks to Allen. A resource for your power supplies is pawn shops and second hand stores. Ihave a pawn shop in my town that has a big bucket full of power supplies. I buy them for $.99 each. You just have to look through the mess for the proper 12vdc and correct miiliamp output. Hope that helps ya and save some money.

Chaos
                  Capt.Chaos
                  Fear Asylum Haunted House
                  Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I started building these last night! I ordered enough lights to build 60.

Comment

Turns out that if you buy your tomato stakes at Home Depot, you need to buy the smallest diameter stakes they sell. I learned that one the hard way.

Comment

Thanks allen

Allen, in all seriousness you really are an asset to our industry! I used your LED idea and this year our entire haunt is lighted using your LED idea. Running a small business you always have to watch out for your overhead if you want to survive and there are a lot of vendors who will price gouge you for things you can make yourself. So your ideas are really appreciated and please keep them coming.

John Suscheck
                        Haunted Ozarks LLC
                        www.hauntedozarks.com
                        417-336-2401

Comment

If you order your speaker wire online, make sure it says "black" if you want black... NOT "black frosted". Learned that the hard way as well. Time to bust out the black spray paint!

Comment

using those same LEDs can you show some of the lighting effects you can generate?

Comment

leds as strobe lights

I was at a haunted house last year and saw they had a room that had 1 led in different spots and had them flickering, is there a way to do that using a different power supply?

Comment

Working...
                              X