Airbrush Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbrush Paint

We are going to use some airbrush for makeup this year and are looking for recommended brands for paint? My actors want something that is easy to take off.... I want something that will stay on. Last year we it seemed to be one or the other? Anyone have a brand that they like to use or that the actors seem to like more than the others?

We use Mehron liquid make-up diluted with a little water. Lasts all night on about 50 + scare actors except one gal.

Comment

It's a bit pricy, but I like Graftobian's liquid makeup a lot. It stays on (even on sweaty actors), yet washes off easily with soap & water.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Last year added Mehron to our supply of Ben Nye liquid. Really impressed with it's price ( Morris Costumes) and performance. We thin it down with Ben Nye Final Set, and a small amount of water. Mixed with a airbush mixer, and shaken each night with SS ballbearings in bottles. Wash up isn't too bad.

Comment

Makeup

Thorswings~

Granted, you are asking about using makeup in an airbrush which I will admit have NEVER done application wise, but have had it applied to me via airbrush as well as hand applied .. but I will say Mehron (albeit a little on the pricey side, but a little goes a LONG way if used correctly) works great and all of the people that have applied it to me have used the same "tecnique" that I will mention below.(either air brush or hand applied)

I will in a way contradict (not meant rudely mind you just suggestion) about the "Ben Nye Final set" you really dont need it ..if you do it corectly and want to do it "on the cheap"

Heres what you COULD do ( and what we do and have done, and will continue to do, since it works so well, for our actors )

(hand applied makeup but im sure the same would be for airbrushed if the makeup is thinned) *** remember Mehron (at least most of them) are OIL BASED makeups ***

• Apply baby oil (liquid or jell type), dont go TOO HEAVY, to the areas of actors body to be "transformed/made-up" ( the baby oil helps to make the make up , if using Mehron or any oil based make up, to "go further" with out comprimising the "quality" of the "transformation")
          • Apply makeup(either by hand or by airbrush)
          • use BABY POWDER ( any type will do withor w/o cornstarch) and "puff" the finsihed area(s), dont be afraid to be "forceful" with the "powder puff" you can fix any "opps" quickly.
          • Use a FINE MIST (from a spray bottle) of .. WATER .. YES WATER ...to finished and powdered areas. DO NOT SOAK the "transformed" areas...
          • Check you work .. fix any places you may have been a little too "aggressive" with the "powder puff"
          • Appply a FINE "puff" .. if needed.. of baby powder to take down the "shine" of the make up .. if you want to
          And your done

The make up at the end of the night SHOULD be able to be removed 95-98% cleanly with baby wipes ( thanks Allen H for that cheapo hint ) or baby oil/// if not the rest should be able to be reomoved when they actors take thier shower for the night /day

The baby oil applied prior make up application creates a "barrier" of sorts between the skin and the makeup .. which makes it a HECK OF A LOT easier to take off.. AND allows you to use LESS makeup but still create the same effect(s) you want to .

Adding the baby powder and "fine misting" is like adding flour and water together.....

I have seen and HAVE PERSONALLY experinced(have had it applied to me for YEARS .. after the setting .. being able to eat.. drink.. smoke .. with little if any adverse effects to the makeup applied using this method.

Just my suggestions.

~Lonewolf
          Last edited by lonewolfmage; 08-18-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X