My first Monster Mud Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Monster Mud Project

Today me and my son decided to make our first gaint Grim Reaper.. This will be at our enterance to our parking lot. He stands 11 FT tall... Man it was a job... We think it turned out pretty good.. Tell me what Yall think.. This pictures of it is right after the monster mud.. We will drylock it tomorrow... We are going to make a 4 foot tall Grave stone that his right hand will be resting on that says "ENTER".

Photo0045.jpgPhoto0044.jpg

Hey, looks good! Great job! I think it is wonderful that you and your son created that together. My kids aren't interested,,,,,,,,,

Sue
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

thanks

i will post udated pictures as we finish it. Yea I am glad my son is into halloween as much as me.. He is about to be 15 and he has been a big help in building my haunt.

Comment

I think that looks great! You both did a great job! Very eye-catching!

Comment

Very Nice!

John

Comment

Love it and 11ft is huge!! Im going to make rock walls in a mineshaft next week do you think monster mud is the best thing to us? I dont like blue board cause people cut it and scrach there name into it. so I dont know what else to use but monster mud Please help!!
            BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
            www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Nice work... did you make the hands or buy them?
              http://www.innerfears.com/
              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Yes I think it would work great.. you can buy a sprayer at home depot for about 70.00... It will do it well.. after you have your material in place. just mix it and shoot it...

Originally posted by krazedklownkilla View Post
                Love it and 11ft is huge!! Im going to make rock walls in a mineshaft next week do you think monster mud is the best thing to us? I dont like blue board cause people cut it and scrach there name into it. so I dont know what else to use but monster mud Please help!!

Comment

I bought them last year are spirit halloween the day after halloween for 75% off.. They are made to stick in the ground. We took a heat gun to each finger to bind them the way we wanted them

Originally posted by dr0zombie View Post
                  Nice work... did you make the hands or buy them?

Comment

how would I mix it to spray it and I need it thick dont I or what should I put down before the spray?
                    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                    www.horrorfields.com

Comment

The sprayer that I am talking about sprays thick stuff... It is made to spay joint compound on ceilings and wall.. give great texture... I will try to take a picture of the gun... I mixed a gallon of paint to 5 gallons of compound.. you can do less mix if you want.. also the gun comes with three different spray tips to make different texture...

how would I mix it to spray it and I need it thick dont I or what should I put down before the spray?

Comment

I would frame the wall, have uneven and then put chicken wire and then either attach sheets or burlap over the the wire then spray.. you will have a cave looking texture. by the way it dries hard and pretty sturdy too.

Comment

We texture all of our more detailed scenes with a hopper and Durabond. Awesome stuff.
                          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

WOW thanks guys I have a paint sprayer but dont think it would work for this if you could please tell me what kind of gun that would be Great. After it dries how heavy is it.
                            BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                            www.horrorfields.com

Comment

I got a sprayer that will spray thick stuff so im going to try that first What do yall think on the mix ratio?
                              BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                              www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Working...
                              X