"Where Do You Get Your IDEAS?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where Do You Get Your IDEAS?"

People have asked me this almost as many times as they ask me ,"do you live in this house?" (Dam groupies want to sneak back later and do what?)
    Many of my "Ideas" and often my best ideas I find in my thoughts just as I am almost awake in the early morning(right after the idea to get out of bed to find the bathroom)
    It happened again this morning! I got out of bed and found the bathroom in time?
    No, I did that without fanfare, but I had another, new idea come into my head as my eyes were still closed and I wasn't really quite awake yet.
    This is a haunted, haunted house , so I wonder if I'm receiving a little "help" with some of this? ("Whisper,whisper,whisper.......")
    Over the years I have often been given the credit for things I did not do here along with the credit for being able to do something I could never do. It keeps life "interesting".
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Well Jim that works. But I get my Ideas from the raged buildings near my house.
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

Comment

"RAGED" buildings?

Are the houses pissed off and angry at you or what?

Ideas be most anywhere. Keep a notebook and tape recorder handy when you got the long drives to work.

Wierdest place for a musical idea for me was hearing this beautiful classic orchestral piece in a dream then bringing it out. Still plenty of work, but it is taking shape...
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

My ideas seem to come out of nowhere. I've been in the middle of a non-Halloween related conversation and had an awesome idea pop into my head.
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

Usually I have to lay down and think about a specific theme and as I start to drift I usually come up with decent ideas. I do a hayride and find it is pretty hard to come up with original stuff that makes sense to have outside.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony
            "RAGED" buildings?

"Are the houses pissed off and angry at you or what?"

Ideas be most anywhere. Keep a notebook and tape recorder handy when you got the long drives to work.

Wierdest place for a musical idea for me was hearing this beautiful classic orchestral piece in a dream then bringing it out. Still plenty of work, but it is taking shape...
            Yes they come to get me. But sometimes I go into some of my patients homes and I find the room to be kinda scary.
            5 years in the business and still ticking
            Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
            USSN

Comment

True. From the frying pan into the fire...

you have the choice of urinated off monstrous houses prowling the neighborhood up and down the streets or the horror of Depends!
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

A "real", scary decor: All true. A house was being lived in by two brothers and their sister , the three of them lived in this family home for their entire long lives. The house was built around 1850 and was a large home.
                Walking in the front door I noticed stacks of very old bundled newspapers everywhere and a scattering of car parts here and there , then further back toward the walls were just the tops of ornate gilded large picture frames peaking out from bundled newspaperland, the tops of Grand-relatives heads were the only part of them seen.
                Looking down, I was walking on a hardwood floor and it was actually a path worn right through the carpet, still there along the edges of this foot path all brown and stringy.
                Curtains looked like thin, white rags that had been repeatedly soaked in..? Urine?
                Their entire basement was filled with more newspapers bundled, car parts everywhere, batterys, starters electric motors last touched by Thomas Edison himself!
                I was very curious as to what old treasures an archeologist might find under and behind those newspapers!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I just go to getyourideashere.com.

Comment

Lets see I get them from everywhere, movies, comics, etc... pictures are good too. I usually take random drives around town through rodes I would not normally drive and look around. Good visualizations. I also started taking a camera with me when I drive aimlessly and usually take pics of things that interest me in the haunt world. For example, old building, broken down building with boarded windows, wierd fences and even store signs that are old and cool looking.

~TheNightMare

Comment

nightmare, the next time you are driving in mount carroll stop and visit.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lately, movies have been contributed to most of my inspirations/ideas. I belong to both Netflix and Blockbuster Online. Six movies delivered at one time -- most of them Asian horror flix. I LOVE them!! Cannnot get enough of Asian horror. :twisted:

Sometimes the news is inspirational as watching the first ten minutes is like watching a horror movie anyway.

Jast223, when you said that some of your patients rooms look scary -- did you mean that or was it a joke? If not a joke, can you briefly describe what you see? Doing a klown medical klinic this year and I would love to develop more ideas.

Comment

Going to haunts... going to conventions... watching movies... going to museums... watching TV... dreaming... reading... etc. It's all there, just have to have something to "bring it out". -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I also get some of my ideas about what to do within the house as I am giving people tours and find myself walking passed those same old walls and corners, so I'm still "chewing" over new ideas within these same walls fairly often.
                            Yesterday I was maintenancing the outside and freed the pterodactyl skeleton on the south side of the house from his imprisoning vines that totally hid him from veiw. What an improvement!
                            It looks so good from even a block away at night with a pale light hitting it .
                            Before anyone might ask, I made the pterodactyl skeleton out of sheet metal, copper tubing, plastic tubing and steel rods and Bondo almost 18 years ago. Sometimes small birds build nests inside his head, flying in and out of his eye socket holes. Maybe this happens because they are the same birds I evicted from inside of my head and they are using their previous homemaking experience on him now?
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sure thing Jim, will stop by when I get in that area.

As for ideas video games can bring ideas to the table as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X