Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earthquakes are scarier than haunted houses!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquakes are scarier than haunted houses!!

A 6.0 earthquake close by in Viginia rattled DC/Maryland and was felt all the way from Florida to Canada. It's a scary experience for us east coast folks not used to this stuff it was intense our place shook pretty hard and many of Baltimore's building were evacuated and the Washington monument is closed indefinitely due to cracks in it's top. Damaged building everywhere....

Allan

Pretty unique experience! Glad to see no major damage or injuries.
    Ryan

Comment

I didnt personally feel it here in Cleveland, though several others did... but I guess the press box in the stadium was swaying a little during this afternoon's baseball game. A lot of people thought they were just doing more explosions on the Avengers set a couple blocks away...lol.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

"Whats Under the Ground/Water?"

Two basic common fears of the unknowable.
        About 1967 I was working on an old car, laying under it, it was on jack stands, it was a 36 Ford hot Rod chassis a junkyard hulk, one fender was only held inplace by one or two bolts, suddenly that fender began to shake, whip around like it was a wing on a bird trying to fly? I was alone, nobody anywhere to be moving it with their hand or anything??? "I must be losing my mind?"
        A few minutes later the radio said we had a minor earth trmor here in N. W. Illinois!?
        As I laid there under that car on the conrete floor I had no sensations of movement.. but if the car had fallen from the jack stands, I could have been a fatality of that mild earth tremor!

I know of a dog who knew the earth was about to shake, it got a change in it's personality.. and began humping everyone's leg like a maniac! "The End is Near! Go for it!" Really , this happened.
        Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-24-2011, 06:42 AM.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Somewhere in california a forum poster is yawning (5.9 give me a break)
          Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

It shook my office building in Cleveland; originally I thought we were just feeling shaking from "The Avengers" shoot.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I'm right here in VA, and it was the first time I had ever felt an earthquake. I was down in our workshop when it happened, about 300lb of wood almost fell on me. So yeah... a bit scary. At the same time, it was pretty exciting to actually experience one, just glad there was no major damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel
                Mick it's not a contest MDKing on the east coast not California. They might yawn at a 5.9 but your buildings are designed to handle it, ours are not. They are used to it we all aren't.

DA
                Just having some fun. I was on the 16fl of an office building in Delaware and it was scary.
                Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

Working...
                X