Shot in the dark....was it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the dark....was it?

Has anyone received there stuff from Shot in the dark yet. I have been promised my stuff multiple times and still no word and no one is returning emails or phone calls. Just wondering. We still have time.
    Joe Phillips
    The Shallow Grave
    Winter Haven FL
    http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

I have talked to them twice once back in July and then last week. Both times I was able to get through to them. Both times I called on a Friday during the AM. In the chat last week I was told end of the month for delivery. But that is based on when you ordered.
    http://www.innerfears.com/
    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

ummmmm

it is the end of the month!
      Joe Phillips
      The Shallow Grave
      Winter Haven FL
      http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

more goddamm thievery !!!!!!

it gets worse every year. everyday you look on here, another vendor thief is being complained about. christ, who can you buy from anymore without getting ripped off? this is bullshit !!!!!!

Comment

Im going to say that I WANTED to order from them a few weeks ago. I realy wanted a pair of their spark gloves for this year dang it. But they would not take my order. They cut off taking orders for the year as they wanted to fill what they had. So Im thinking in all fairness that they HAVE good intentions and are working on it. Otherwise they would have just taken my money as well. Give them a chance before you start badmouthing them and adding them to a list that is already to big in this industry. If a company is willing to TURN DOWN MONEY im thinking they are going to do their best to get the product out that they have orders for.
          Roy

Comment

Unless you have ordered or talked to these guys I don't think its fair to call them a thieves. I have a specific vendor here that posts here, and their voice mail is always full that I am also missing products. And another that won't return calls. I am not sure why you have not been able to get a hold of these guys, I have twice. Got explained the situation, understand why he was delayed, and accepted that his production schedule was pushed back a month. I might be really wrong, but if he turned down orders ... seems to me he is trying to get your stuff to you...

Comment

Orders and Shot in the Dark

Thanks Roy. I have been working my ass off completing orders. I'm just one guy in a garage cranking out these products.

I've had to turn away thousands of dollars just so I have the time to finish the orders I've taken. And it's not like you
              have a choice when buying spark gloves or horn guns in this industry! I'm the only one in the world making these things.

I've so far made and sent out over 60 pairs of spark gloves to haunted houses across the world. I've completed orders for just about every
              large haunt in the US and two in Europe.

I'm very happy with the positive understanding of a new vendor in this industry. I'm just a haunter like you, that came up with a cool product to sell.

Please call me if you have a order with me and I will do my best to make sure you have your product.

Mike 408.417.3351

Also, for those that are still interested. I have re-opened my site for limited orders. I have over-stock on certain products. No gloves thou. I'm too tired to make any more!

Comment

Hey Mike, can you check on my order too. I never got my items from last year either.

Wayne
                www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Got fedex notification!

Mine is shipped by fedex. Got email from Fedex today. Merchant sent me notification as well. Hang in there guys. look at situation..We ALL liked them at Transworld! They got more business than anticipated...and he has turned business away to meet orders he has. Anyone want to bet he takes a week off after orders are done...then gets right back at production for cash and carry next spring in St. Louis.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

last year ????? still no delivery on a PAID ORDER ??????

nuff said....................

Comment

I got mine a couple of weeks back... just great little actor toys. They were nice enough that I forgot part of my order and he cut me a deal on the last minute panic, I didn't get knives addition to my order. It was actually me, I put all this on credit card and the total wasn't enough. Anywho, he shipped me a set and gave me a great deal on them. All I can say is these guys have been super cool!!!

As for you who didn't get yours.... If you didn't get yours call....
                      Last edited by dr0zombie; 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

if you have gotten your stuff your the lucky ones

Mike from shot in the dark got me my stuff and made it right. He is is working hard to get stuff done and out to people. Because he came through for me i will be doing business with him again. Thank you mike for all your help we support you all the way.

Michael McDonald
                        Kindred Moon Productions
                        The Crypt Haunted House
                        Beat and Sound Syndicate
                        Last edited by Lorddeathbane; 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Your order

I understand your issues, but you also have to under stand you are ordering really late in the season and I have a haunt too.

And when it comes to my haunt and your orders, my haunt comes first.

Plus the truth about your order is that I haven't finished building it and I needed to open my haunt instead of finishing orders.

Sorry but its true.

And here's your tracking number. Fedex: 244649215000478

Plus for everyone else how has orders with me please have patience. I only have two hands.

And to correct these issues, I'm hiring staff to help me for 2012. Plus at every show I sell at I will have tons of cash and carry, and only have a limited number of orders I can take.

So be prepared to be turned away when you want my products, cus I will sell out fast. I already have people throwing money at me for 2012 and reserving my products before they're even seen.

PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE.

Comment

That might possibly be the worst display of customer service I've ever seen. Nope, the waitress at the Double Y Cafe that cussed me out for giving up on her and going to the kitchen to refill my own tea glass was the worst. I stand corrected.
                            Colt Farrington
                            "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

Wow!simply amazing!

Are you kidding me? I just want to be sure that I understand the business policy at Shot in the Dark ---- They will take your money for products that they sell. However, if producing and delivering the products that you paid for in full interferes with them opening their own attraction, then your just shit out of luck? Their policy is that their attraction opening is more important than getting you the products you already paid for. This is simply TERRIBLE business practice. If you can't do both, don't commit to both.

I think a lot of us are in the wrong business. We should simply go to shows, oversell our building capabilities and then stop answering the phone some time around August (unless somebody wants to send us money for a order that we can't fill in time) to go and work on our own attractions.
                              For those of you wanting similar products, knock-offs are coming, I bet. I think it's a easy bet that next year's show will have a few vendors offering these types of products. I know for a fact that the same problems happened last year. I was talking to a few Southern Gentleman who were picking up over $5000.00 worth of Blasters and Spark Knives, I watched them load up the back of their pick up truck. This company had the same issue last year. If you really MUST have the product, BUY it cash and CARRY at the show,. Otherwise, b prepared to be out the money and the product.

This is why you MUST attend Transworld to purchase and leave with your products.

Dan Augusto
                              Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Working...
                              X