Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY FIRST CORPSING with Allen Tips

P1010192.JPGP1010193.JPGP1010191.jpg

He is my first corpsing with sheathing and renolds wrap. Tell me what you this and I am open for tips ... really not great of the painting yet...
    Last edited by Trail of Terror; 08-25-2011, 02:07 PM.

Did the saran type wrap work as well as the drop cloths Allen used in the video? Never thought of using that! Great idea!!! And I see you used a blow molded skellie...how did he hold up to the heat gun? I have one sitting around in my barn that I could use to give this a try but was afraid he wouldn't hold up too well to the heat.

Looking good too. I think I would hit it with some antiquing type stain now to bring out the aged effects and texture...maybe a chocolately orange tinted stain or go the other way with one in the greys, like a zombie like pallor. And maybe some yellows (can you tell I love the painting process, LOL). Good looking corpse!
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

the wrap worked really well didnt take much heat to melt, so that helped with the cheaper skeleton I use... I just cut the ribs out and bones to give it the hollow effect... I wrapped each part 3 to 5 times with the wrap... Thanks on the painting tips... I scared to try it but I will.. I got 4 more to make..

Originally posted by hauntedkimmy View Post
      Did the saran type wrap work as well as the drop cloths Allen used in the video? Never thought of using that! Great idea!!! And I see you used a blow molded skellie...how did he hold up to the heat gun? I have one sitting around in my barn that I could use to give this a try but was afraid he wouldn't hold up too well to the heat.

Looking good too. I think I would hit it with some antiquing type stain now to bring out the aged effects and texture...maybe a chocolately orange tinted stain or go the other way with one in the greys, like a zombie like pallor. And maybe some yellows (can you tell I love the painting process, LOL). Good looking corpse!

Comment

Cool! I know, it's so scary to put more paint on it! I always get nervous too! If you go with a stain, you can wipe it off right away if you think it's too much. Give it a try on the backside too to see if you like it.

Good luck with making more! I am so going to have to try this! Now to find the ambition, LOL!
        Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
        X